Player contracts and transfers

David123

17 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

A week or 2 back, I was told it was us in pole position but I’m now certain it’s Motherwell who have got the deal done. 

Was informed on Saturday by a guy who knows Gallacher that he had already signed for us and that had Joe gone to Aberdeen in January then there was a deal in place to bring Gallacher in then.

He is fed up travelling to Livingston from Dundee area every day and has just moved to a house near the Swallow Hotel at bottom of A90.  Nice we jaunt to training in Perth every day  - Motherwell would be as bad a travel as Livingston if not worse.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Was informed on Saturday by a guy who knows Gallacher that he had already signed for us and that had Joe gone to Aberdeen in January then there was a deal in place to bring Gallacher in then.

He is fed up travelling to Livingston from Dundee area every day and has just moved to a house near the Swallow Hotel at bottom of A90.  Nice we jaunt to training in Perth every day  - Motherwell would be as bad a travel as Livingston if not worse.

Funnily enough that’s exactly what I was told a few weeks ago. Deal signed etc. Now I’ve been told it was verbally agreed and he’s now changed his mind and signed for Motherwell. 

On 2/25/2019 at 4:27 AM, Templar Saint said:

well, they're both shitholes. always hated Motherhood. and I'm a father, with no mother issues btw... just hate the place. like Killie. Airdrie,  Hamilton... it's just oblivion. they make Broughty Ferry seem like paradise in New Caledonia. And i don't get this "travel time" shite. 90 minutes drive is nothing in big cities. it's an hour at least to get 5kms in Melbourne. it's a big city, sure, bigger than Scotland's population. you expect congestion.  just deal with it. you sign up with an oblivion club, tough shit. 

8 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

well, they're both shitholes. always hated Motherhood. and I'm a father, with no mother issues btw... just hate the place. like Killie. Airdrie,  Hamilton... it's just oblivion. they make Broughty Ferry seem like paradise in New Caledonia. And i don't get this "travel time" shite. 90 minutes drive is nothing in big cities. it's an hour at least to get 5kms in Melbourne. it's a big city, sure, bigger than Scotland's population. you expect congestion.  just deal with it. you sign up with an oblivion club, tough shit. 

drunk party down GIF

9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Why would anyone drive at 5k an hour,when you can walk at 4 miles  an hour easily? Save this planet!!

11 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I had a car like that many many years ago  but just think of the fuel economy.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, Cagey said:

Didn't mind Spoony getting signed but he shouldn't be a first pick.

He should only be used as an impact sub as he only has 30 mins in his legs.

Apart from the keeper and defence the notion of a first pick does not really exist any more.Managers tend to use different formations dependent on the opposition..Spoony can cover a number of positions so will play a lot of games in the coming two seasons..Also I don't agree with you on him at 29 only having 30 minutes in his legs 

Guest ScottMann
18 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Paris is more than twice the size of anything Skippyland has to offer and takes over 2 hours to go 5kms. Everything's relative so stop whingeing. 

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

Paris is more than twice the size of anything Skippyland has to offer and takes over 2 hours to go 5kms. Everything's relative so stop whingeing. 

I'm not whingeing... players moaning about a 90 minute drive from Dundee to Livingston annoys me. they should just deal with it. 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:49 AM, Templar Saint said:

I had a car like that many many years ago  but just think of the fuel economy.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

Dear O Dear Such a list of dumps ,,, Why the ****kk people live there I do not know Nevermind broughty Ferry it Makes dundee acceptable well parts of dundee

4 hours ago, byebyedundee said:

Dear O Dear Such a list of dumps ,,, Why the ****kk people live there I do not know Nevermind broughty Ferry it Makes dundee acceptable well parts of dundee

the list goes on.... Perth is by no means perfect,  and we can't compete against other clubs wages.... but for a player to moan about travel time to a sh@thole is beyond me. says a lot about their personality. 

On 2/27/2019 at 10:50 AM, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Apart from the keeper and defence the notion of a first pick does not really exist any more.Managers tend to use different formations dependent on the opposition..Spoony can cover a number of positions so will play a lot of games in the coming two seasons..Also I don't agree with you on him at 29 only having 30 minutes in his legs 

The fact that when he lost the ball for the first goal on Saturday & couldn't get near the guy that took the ball of him points that he only has 30 mins in him.

I think he had a virus 2 or 3 seasons ago & has always looked short of pace since then.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:45 PM, Papa Jack said:

Funnily enough that’s exactly what I was told a few weeks ago. Deal signed etc. Now I’ve been told it was verbally agreed and he’s now changed his mind and signed for Motherwell. 

Your source is obviously better than mine Papa Jack.... Tommy Wright saying we have lost out to Motherwell on Gallacher .

5 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Your source is obviously better than mine Papa Jack.... Tommy Wright saying we have lost out to Motherwell on Gallacher .

i think we were both right. can't say I'm overly bothered. I think the other Livingston centre half is better. Really depends on which centre halfs we keep over the next 4\5 months.