Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

We need to keep both and nurture them Liam & Jason best potential centre back pairing in scotland by a COUNTRY MILE since Miller & McLiesh. Highly likely Joe going had an inside insight today and it is probably not going to be Aberdeen

Ignoring the tease ... seems highly likely Joe will go, in part thanks to McInnes hyping him up which has helpfully taken some of the spotlight off Kerr. Cheers Deek. 

Gordon needs a good first team run, too good for the reserves from what I've seen (which isn't that much to be fair). 

So Joe leaving should be OK and it should free up a fair wage for a decent back-up CB. Not a lot of years on the clock between them but more than capable at this level, and there's always Anderson if we need to get the average up. 

Easier car commute to Livingston than it is Motherwell. Ive done both, and moaned. It is easier in a better spec car mind you.  1 hour is commutable, 1 hr 15 max. Anything more you got to consider moving.  This is not London.  Commuting is a ball ache, that is a fact.

Gallacher Motherwell deal, could include a couple of nights hotel stay as required, small details matter.  Or a top spec luxury car.

Edited by Dave H

7 hours ago, Dave H said:

Easier car commute to Livingston than it is Motherwell. Ive done both, and moaned. It is easier in a better spec car mind you.  1 hour is commutable, 1 hr 15 max. Anything more you got to consider moving.  This is not London.  Commuting is a ball ache, that is a fact.

Gallacher Motherwell deal, could include a couple of nights hotel stay as required, small details matter.  Or a top spec luxury car.

Interesting to hear what a top spec car is in your eyes worthy of giving to a player 

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

shame we missed out on him.... money rules...

Not sure about that. We have over £2 million in the bank & they have at least £300 grand debt.

I don't think money was the only reason but I think they probably did over more than us but that is why they are in debt.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Yeah, you’re right, Chris Kane is probably the best option! Yeah, let’s go with that..

Is there only a choice between the two?

I'd still choose Kane. Feruz is 23, has five starts in his entire career, and lasted a month at Hibs before giving up because the training was too intense.

• 2 weeks later...

Blair Alston linked with Dundee on a PCA.

A loss in some ways, and not in others. It's clear we'll need to lose some first team players to allow us to sign players this Summer, and Alston is the clear victim there.

Shame it's not worked out for him, but hes never found a consistent position or form.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Blair Alston linked with Dundee on a PCA.

A loss in some ways, and not in others. It's clear we'll need to lose some first team players to allow us to sign players this Summer, and Alston is the clear victim there.

Shame it's not worked out for him, but hes never found a consistent position or form.

The writing has been on the wall for Alston since September/October last year.

We tried to move him on in January but were unsuccessful.

Good luck to him...

39 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

The writing has been on the wall for Alston since September/October last year.

We tried to move him on in January but were unsuccessful.

Good luck to him...

Tbf its probably been over for him since the manager decided to try and get proper wingers. Alston is worse than Wotherspoon, and less versatile. 

47 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Alston is definitely one of those players who gets better when he's not in the team. He's not really done anything to merit a long run in the team and, even now, I couldn't say where his best position is.

Apart from finding the net more often than Kane and Watt.

TWs interview on Saints TV doesn't hold back...

"No, it's about some of them picked themselves up. People who know me, I'm pretty loyal, I've protected them long enough. Maybe they should look at themselves and pick themselves up. I'm not accepting that performance. Some of them maybe think since their under contract they'll be here next season, that might not be the case"