Player contracts and transfers

David123

14 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Got to ask, have you seen Easton play on his comeback.

I've not seen much in the way of reports of how he's been getting on in the reserves. 

If he's not up to scratch then fair enough. That was the point of my why? question - is there a performance issue?

Unless there's a better (relatively) versatile and experienced left back kicking around and if the team are confident he's recovered, why would we not give him something? It's not as if his wage demands are going to be crazy and they should be in the budget anyway. 

Tanser was very good today. For me he's a 7/10 player, and Easton gives an option that's more defensive and could maybe step in when it's a case of injury or form drop, until we can upgrade Tanser at least but I would think we have other financial priorities. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Also ... Tanser's been much, much better than last year, has bulked up and got some grit about him. If he shows the same next year, he will be an asset but we'll still need some cover and left back is one of the harder positions to fill.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:12 PM, Johnny B said:

Are you saying 4th tier England can more than us? and is he as good as his stats?

On 4/5/2019 at 10:23 PM, Indicator said:

Tranmere picked him up on a free from Forest Green who also picked him up on a free from ?? Current value 45k.

On current form probably attracting some interest from Div1 or Championship clubs.

Will give him the once over :laugh: on April 22nd when Tranmere visit Lincoln.

For Johnny B (Lincoln v Tranmere Rovers)

A very entertaining hard fought nil-nil game in which James Norwood did look the most likely to score however, Lincoln have one of the best, if not the best defensive unit in League two. Norwood had about 2 x reasonable chances and 3 x half chances two went wide one went over and the other two were well saved by the keeper - Matt Gilks.

To be honest Lincoln could well do with somebody like Norwood themselves in League-1 next season as the goals have all but dried up towards the end of this season. I'm not sure they can afford him though.

Attendance: 9,658 (920 Tranmere supporters)

20 minutes ago, Indicator said:

For Johnny B (Lincoln v Tranmere Rovers)

A very entertaining hard fought nil-nil game in which James Norwood did look the most likely to score however, Lincoln have one of the best, if not the best defensive unit in League two. Norwood had about 2 x reasonable chances and 3 x half chances two went wide one went over and the other two were well saved by the keeper - Matt Gilks.

To be honest Lincoln could well do with somebody like Norwood themselves in League-1 next season as the goals have all but dried up towards the end of this season. I'm not sure they can afford him though.

Attendance: 9,658 (920 Tranmere supporters)

and it burst my coupon too. :mad:

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:26 PM, HOODLUM65 said:

It's all ifs , buts and whys.

Not sure how long his Contract is , however the few occasions he's been available to play in the Reserves on his comeback , suggests to me , having watched him , he has a long way to go to replace Tanser , as I agree was excellent today.

I think Easton's situation is quite similar to Ando in that you want to keep them for cover by neither would be my first pick for their respective positions. If they want to stay, that's fine but both might just want away to get a final few seasons of playing.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:31 PM, dave mc said:

That’s nonsense,regarding Ando,he’s had bombscares season after season,even with his experience, an average player at best,Wright carried him,as did Doobs,softest cb I’ve seen against anyone physical,Joe has been really consistent up until Christmas in his time here,but as Tommy says,he’s not the only one poor after the break 

I think that’s nonsense so we ll agree to disagree.

When a cb plays for a club as long as Ando has he is going to make mistakes but overall he has been a great defender

I would be a bit concerned if we were only going with Kerr, Gordon and Ando.  Even with the addition of the possible L/R back that can play center.

Ando has been superb for us, but watching him a couple of times for Thistle on the TV I think where he is, is probably now his level, he looked like he has lost a bit of pace.

I do think however there are positions with a higher priority before looking at CBs

Little surprised it is only a year. He is one of the young 'hopes' and there is the potential there that he runs down his contract like Hastie at Motherwell. We would still get compo...but that would be a smaller figure than if he was under contract as I understand it.

Guest ScottMann

I see the normally right poster on Pie and Bovril has said there was a first team player released yesterday.  No sign of any mentions, official or otherwise, anywhere else though.

6 hours ago, ScottMann said:

I see the normally right poster on Pie and Bovril has said there was a first team player released yesterday.  No sign of any mentions, official or otherwise, anywhere else though.

would make sense if it is  Mcmillin as Irish league not long started and if Shamrock wanted to sign him.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, ScottMann said:

19 hours ago, saintgscot said:

would make sense if it is  Mcmillin as Irish league not long started and if Shamrock wanted to sign him.

My source says it is Tony Watt.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, ScottMann said:

Why would a out of contract player be released 2 weeks before end of season ?.

Surely it would have to be someone with time to run on his contract. Swanson & Alston were in squad today so can't see it being them.

If there is someone released from contract then I would hope the club would inform their fans.

40 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Why would a out of contract player be released 2 weeks before end of season ?.

Surely it would have to be someone with time to run on his contract. Swanson & Alston were in squad today so can't see it being them.

If there is someone released from contract then I would hope the club would inform their fans.

No sign of Watt today. Could be correct.