Player contracts and transfers

David123

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Kris Doolan leaving Partick after 10 years.

Is he worth a punt.Decent in the air & knows where the goal is but not this  season. 

No, struggled in the Championship and was kept out the team by a 38yo pundit for the majority of Particks season.

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Is he worth a punt.Decent in the air & knows where the goal is but not this  season. 

Ridiculous suggestion. Can’t even begin to imagine how unbearable you’re moaning would be having to watch Doolan not score or contribute game after game. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Might be wrong but assume the logic will be to find an experienced back up keeper, who's cheap and available, to cover us from a disaster if we lose Clark and aren't able to find a proper replacement. 

He'll be an upgrade on Bell.

I doubt we could afford him.

Dont ask you dont get 

34 minutes ago, Jenko82 said:

I see that Souleymane Coulibaly has been released by Partick. He was a very  decent player with Killie, wonder where it all went wrong? Not sure its a position we need to fill though.

It's probably the main position we need to fill, no? Assuming that David McMillan doesn't return, we've only got Chris Kane and Callum Hendry. God knows how badly Coulibaly might have deteriorated as a footballer in recent months though. Still, it's a tempting one.

5 hours ago, Widge said:

Ridiculous suggestion. Can’t even begin to imagine how unbearable you’re moaning would be having to watch Doolan not score or contribute game after game. 

It wasn't a suggesting it was a question. I also said he had not done it this season but not sure if it was injury or not being fancied by manager.

In previous seasons in premier league he was a prominent goal scorer.

Foderingham’s weekly wage would be about the same as our whole squad I imagine.

no to Doolan & Couilibaly. They’ll be lucky to be playing in the a Championship next season.

Aberdeen are looking to sign Curtis Main, where does that leave Stevie May?

50 minutes ago, Linky said:

Aberdeen are looking to sign Curtis Main, where does that leave Stevie May?

With less league goals this season than Chris Kane and Callum Hendry, with a wage more than both combined, and two years on a contract after costing Aberdeen a six figure fee...

8 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Has anyone watched much of May playing?

From what I have read I don't think Saints or Tommy could get him back to what he was.

Watched him at weekend against Celtic. Seemed to be playing wingback rather than striker & lost the guy he was supposed to mark for their first goal.

He looks a shadow of the player he was with us which is sad.

35 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

From what I have read I don't think Saints or Tommy could get him back to what he was.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Watched him at weekend against Celtic. Seemed to be playing wingback rather than striker & lost the guy he was supposed to mark for their first goal.

This, was playing on the left of a midfield four. Hes never played up front for Aberdeen that I've seen, his only time central was between midfield and the bug cart horse Cosgrove, where his role seems to be to do all the running for Cosgrove.

McInnes isnt using him correctly at all, and hes now at the stage of having no confidence, aswell as losing a yard of pace and it seems some power in his shots.

For the money it would need, it would be a massive gamble for us to sign him just now. When his contract expires itll be more plausible.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

This, was playing on the left of a midfield four. Hes never played up front for Aberdeen that I've seen, his only time central was between midfield and the bug cart horse Cosgrove, where his role seems to be to do all the running for Cosgrove.

McInnes isnt using him correctly at all, and hes now at the stage of having no confidence, aswell as losing a yard of pace and it seems some power in his shots.

For the money it would need, it would be a massive gamble for us to sign him just now. When his contract expires itll be more plausible.

Keown & Storey also released by Thistle.

Still fancy Storey Random ?.

Will Tommy sign Keown ?.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

With less league goals this season than Chris Kane and Callum Hendry, with a wage more than both combined, and two years on a contract after costing Aberdeen a six figure fee...

Any less of a gamble than Watt was?

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

A shadow of the player but significantly wealthier... that’s the argument that always gets wheeled out isn’t it??

”what would you do if another business offered you the chance to quadruple your salary for doing the same job.” 

On 5/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, Cagey said:

If that is our potential market... we would be as well not turning up on the pitch next season.  Maybe a few years ago but not now.

Granted Kane and Watt simply don't score anywhere near enough goals, but we need to cast our net much wider and with more ambition and belief.

Now is not the tme for another Fallon or Iwelumo.

13 hours ago, garydavidson said:

He's nowhere near the player he once was - very poor.  A real shame.  Done nothing in years.  Chris Kane has scored one more goal than him this season, that says quite a lot.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, The Real Saints said:

It's probably the main position we need to fill, no? Assuming that David McMillan doesn't return, we've only got Chris Kane and Callum Hendry. God knows how badly Coulibaly might have deteriorated as a footballer in recent months though. Still, it's a tempting one.

To be honest I couldn't remember what his preferred position was. I though he may have been in the bracket of the Swanson, O'Halloran, Kennedy type player. However if he is a more out and out striker he would be worth a look.