Player contracts and transfers

David123

2 hours ago, cristo said:

Good move for both players I reckon and good luck to both of them if it happens.

Agree, Ando has been over the course & should do a job for anybody even Livi.

I think there is a player in Comrie. Did well when Foster was injured & Foster was praising him but got injured right away. Never seemed to regain confidence & wasn't helped when any time he got in the team he wasn't match fit.

Best for him to get away though. We look like we are looking for a right back & centre half. Or a utility player. Joe might get signed again if no one picks him up & is willing to take a pay cut.

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I see Record saying he has signed a 3 year deal with CSKA Sofia.

Good luck with that. Released in 6 months again ?.

Done nothing since celtic game was scared to get hurt by the post,don't think massive lose,he will end up next oconner or riorden I'm afraid all the talent not the mentally thou

40 minutes ago, cristo said:

McHugh  wouldn't be a bad shout.

I see Scott Fox leaving Ross County, decent goalie option if Zander departs

Not going by Saturday far too slow and totally bossed by muzz.

Fox is average think we could do better, but zander will hopefully stay, just that little erse McNamara stirring it.

Only caught the end of Tommy's interview on radio Scotland but it sounds like he has not given up on Joe & doesn't think he has another club. Alston was also mentioned but not sure what the position is. He was also talking about a holiday. Hope he mekes a decision on who is going before his hols. Anyone going should be told by now.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

Only caught the end of Tommy's interview on radio Scotland but it sounds like he has not given up on Joe & doesn't think he has another club. Alston was also mentioned but not sure what the position is. He was also talking about a holiday. Hope he mekes a decision on who is going before his hols. Anyone going should be told by now.

Alston had an offer from Hamilton apparently, now they're up I'd expect he'll go there. Worked with Rice before.

Shaughnessy has always been left open has it not? Much like Muzz, if he fails to find a club down South we'll open up talks, but it's in the hands of his agent.

Hes allowed a holiday, because mobile phones exist.

I thought listening to Wright a week or two ago he suggested that it was Alston's idea to leave discussions to the end of the season. I thought that would be down to Alston seeing how much more game time he got....obviously he didn't get much whether due to injury or others being chosen before him.

I don't expect to see him in a Saints jersey next year...thought when he signed he was exactly the type of player we should be going for, but he has never looked like nailing down a first team place and realistically is replaceable.

Not sure on Joe. If he does sign again you would imagine that will limit Gordon's playing time, unless Kerr is sold. Gordon really needs to be playing if he is going to kick on.

Be interesting to see what happens with Swanson through the summer....hopefully with a good pre-season he might get back to what he once was.

Easton's interview on Saints TV seem to suggest he is keen to sign on again....that will come down to the terms we have offered, you would imagine they are reduced and perhaps even based on the number of games he plays. Not sure he will go for that, which would be a shame 'cos I still feel a fully fit Easton is a better option than Tanser, despite the improvements he has made.

Don't mind if Alston goes. Has his moments but he won't get regular starts, so fair play if he wants to move on. 

Think Easton should get one more season and a utility player. Scott Tanser, if he kicks on as much next season as he did this year, has the potential to be as good if not better IMO and offers a great set play option. 

Danny's had more than enough time. Time to say bye bye.

Joe - similar to Easton. Rolling contract, utility player, giving us cover and shape change option. Pass the armband to Liam Craig. 

8 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't mind if Alston goes. Has his moments but he won't get regular starts, so fair play if he wants to move on. 

Think Easton should get one more season and a utility player. Scott Tanser, if he kicks on as much next season as he did this year, has the potential to be as good if not better IMO and offers a great set play option. 

Danny's had more than enough time. Time to say bye bye.

Joe - similar to Easton. Rolling contract, utility player, giving us cover and shape change option. Pass the armband to Liam Craig. 

Not sure if Craig has another season in him but we thought that last season & that is why Joe got the armband ahead of him.

Would have thought those not being kept & us would have been told before breaking for summer.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Not sure if Craig has another season in him but we thought that last season & that is why Joe got the armband ahead of him.

Would have thought those not being kept & us would have been told before breaking for summer.

Not sure Liam Craig would agree with you there:

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Not sure Liam Craig would agree with you there:

It was the 51% for 17/18 that made me & maybe Tommy that made me think he wouldn't play much this season.

He did a great job this season in a position we couldn't fill but not sure he has the legs to fill that position for another season.

With the squad we have I can't think of a better captain though.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

It was the 51% for 17/18 that made me & maybe Tommy that made me think he wouldn't play much this season.

He did a great job this season in a position we couldn't fill but not sure he has the legs to fill that position for another season.

He also didn't seem to struggle playing the full 90 minutes more than once a week so I do think he has another season in him for us. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

The fact that he played only 51% wa snot down to his age but simply other choices in that area. He has this year changed his style and is playing superbly in that role.

I think the change in role to a central midfielder instead of sider has assisted him and another year is within his graps.  Worth pointing out a year younger than scott Brown who is playing more games at the same level at Celtic in a similar eentral midfield role. 

Edited by mainstand