Player contracts and transfers

David123

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Marc McNulty released by Reading . We couldn't afford him but he will probably go back to Hibs who badly need him unfortunately.

Not sure hes been released, just been told he can leave. Last thing I read suggested they wanted the majority of the £1m they spent on him back.

7 hours ago, garydavidson said:

It is hard to know what is real and what is the agent/club trying to drive up the deal. County can certainly be big spenders when they want to be.

Was interesting to read Shankland saying that most of the talk of English clubs being in for him was made up: 

"A lot more got made of speculation than was true, teams were getting pulled from everywhere and they weren't actually interested."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48922852

True with the Shankland stuff.

Stevie May lives between Dundee and Forfar though, can’t see him relocating to the Highlands when he has a valid contract at Aberdeen and 3 bigger clubs interested just down the road.

The lack of trialists in pre season a bit of a worry.3 guys get half a game & discarded. The other guy gets 2half games & discarded.

I hope Tommy still has a couple of defenders in mind for signing before deadline.

Defence was always looking threadbare before injuries .

There are a few young guys that you could give a game in midfield or up front but not aware of any decent young defenders we could play in an emergency.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

More than that.

They've also apparently offered May double the wage we have.

They can only offer him double the wage we have if we have offered to buy him outright. From what I had seen Dundee United were looking at a loan deal so no wage offer.

4 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Surely to **** that's not double what we have offered 

Had heard last Friday it was looking like he was coming back. Not sure in what capacity It was though. Think we had offered around the £2k mark. Not heard anything since though so who knows.

19 minutes ago, shiresaint said:

Utd have offered £3k

If that is true,  we cannot compete near that sadly, primarily due to our support not going to support the team at home.

The longer the May link continues with nada happening, the more it would appear unlikely.

As for lack of trialists; we are akin to shopping at Bargain Buys fae the club. Don't expect a Mark's and Spencer "dine in for two" quality product, we might need to make do with a pot noodle and half loaf, with a short shelf life. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:15 PM, Tricky6 said:

If we blow the budget signing May, we’ll be relegated.

Hope I’m wrong :sad:

May is done. If McInnes doesn't fancy him, we really shouldn't be getting involved. We had our best of him, and made a few quid. Like MOH, let's not go back!

s-l1600.jpg

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

I really cannot understand how folk can say on a public forum with any cerainty what a player has been offered, also as said above if it is a loan deal the offer will be to Aberdeen and not the player

Yep, it's all just speculation - the only people who actually know these figures for sure are the people involved in the deal.

If Dundee Utd are genuinely splashing out big money on multiple players, on their crowds and in their division, they'll be in trouble before long. That's not something I want Saints to be trying to compete with.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Yep, it's all just speculation - the only people who actually know these figures for sure are the people involved in the deal.

If Dundee Utd are genuinely splashing out big money on multiple players, on their crowds and in their division, they'll be in trouble before long. That's not something I want Saints to be trying to compete with.

Exactly by all means speculate and guess but don't post it as if it's gospel. 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

100% agree. Utd are pushing the boat out this year as they need to go back up. If they don't, then they will struggle for a long time to come. Cannot see them both paying a fee for May AND paying 3k, when they could loan him and not be burdened with a high earner. If they do want to pay him silly money (relatively), then we should not try and match them.

On the flip side, if the difference in what saints would offer and what May wants is material, then make the performance bonuses higher. Equally, if it came down to say £1k per week difference, then you are talking 3-4k extra fans over the season or 150-200 each game to make up the difference. Would having May vs AN Other striker add that many fans? 

Edited by TheYellowBox

41 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

It was also reported that Dundee United would have to offload one of their other strikers and Osman Sow was mentioned but Neilson has said he wants to keep him:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-championship/hearts-osman-sow-dundee-united-16567499

Had a good season with Hearts but done nothing since.

Sounds like he may also have an injury problem so I wouldn't go for him if Arabs signed May & released Sow.