Player contracts and transfers

David123

1 hour ago, saintee in exile said:

Streets ahead? Hes barely round the corner.Dobbie...Billy MacKay etc are way better than May who scored 8 goals in 75appearances,

Hate to break the news to you but Stephen Dobbie and Billy MacKay would rather stick pins in their eyes than sign for St.Johnstone.

I am exaggerating but both are probably on more money, longer term contracts than we can offer and most importantly NOT AVAILABLE. 

1 hour ago, saintee in exile said:

Streets ahead? Hes barely round the corner.Dobbie...Billy MacKay etc are way better than May who scored 8 goals in 75appearances,

Hate to break the news to you but Stephen Dobbie and Billy MacKay would rather stick pins in their eyes than sign for St.Johnstone.

I am exaggerating but both are probably on more money, longer term contracts than we can offer and most importantly NOT AVAILABLE. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Dobbie won't leave QOS, and he currently earns more than any player in our team.

Do you know that or are you just guessing? Given Swanson is on £1500 a week I would think there are others on more than that. Are you honestly saying Dobbie is on more than £2k a week at Palmerston?

4 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do you know that or are you just guessing? Given Swanson is on £1500 a week I would think there are others on more than that. Are you honestly saying Dobbie is on more than £2k a week at Palmerston?

It seems pretty well known an outside investor pays the majority of his wage at QOS, he also still lives in Blackpool with his family and doesnt go to training every day.

Edited by RandomGuy

I honestly think there are some fans who wont be satisfied no matter what we the club/manager do. May is literally the poster boy of the cup winning team, one of our own and a player we sold for one of the highest fees we've ever received. If he is coming back, he'll be coming back whilst still in his peak years and with a lot to offer if we give him the chance to play his way into something like his old form. 

Reservations are understandable and I don't think this site has generally been too bad/negative about May, but jesus some of the stuff about him on that banter page and on twitter is mental. You'd think it was the second coming of Adam Morgan rather than a player who scored 27 goals in his only full season with us and who scored a double to get us into the cup final. 

If he does sign, I hope he actually gets a chance before he's being written off. Some of our support will be on his back immediately though, which is precisely the opposite of what a player low on confidence needs.

Mind that “wonderkid” Celtic had Islam Feruz who went to Chelsea and barely kicked a ball. 

He’s a free agent, seems the type of player Saints like. A guy who’s lost his way and needs to restart his career. Surely worth a punt for a year and if he’s not up to scratch let him move on. Certainly would give a little more options up top. 

But then again, Chairman says there’s no money and we have a great squad. 

Let's just hope May or any other potential signing wasnt watching yesterday! Sounds promising on the May front, but until he signs, still the risk of him ending up elsewhere.

While it's not exactly been inspiring on the pitch so far, I genuinely think we are only a couple of players away from a really good squad. Add in May, another striker and a central defender and I think we are about there. Appreciate it might need moves out to make it happen, but Kane, McMillan and Swanson out with the 3 positions in and that would do me. 

1 hour ago, St Mikey said:

Mind that “wonderkid” Celtic had Islam Feruz who went to Chelsea and barely kicked a ball. 

He’s a free agent, seems the type of player Saints like. A guy who’s lost his way and needs to restart his career. Surely worth a punt for a year and if he’s not up to scratch let him move on. Certainly would give a little more options up top. 

But then again, Chairman says there’s no money and we have a great squad. 

Feruz isnt anything like the type of player we sign.

Hes played about three senior games in six years, spread over 15 clubs, and has never had a loan spell that hasnt been cut short due to his behaviour or attitude.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49060481

Saints boss Wright was left frustrated by his side's missed chances in a 2-1 League Cup defeat by Ross County.

"We are actively looking to bring at least two players in," he said.

However, when asked specifically about May, Wright stressed: "I have no update on how things are moving on a striker or a defender."

28 minutes ago, chips said:

Soooooooo do we have 2 announcements to be made tomorrow, 1 a loan deal the other a 3 year deal ??  I'm certainly oot the loop but jungle drums are beating ! 

So is May the loan or the three year deal? Can't wait for tomorrow but then I couldn't wait for today either.

42 minutes ago, Center Half said:

I have heard it is more the case Vine is the south of England scout we have, rather than being SM agent, I would not say I am  ITK on this.

Random I am sure can find out if Vine is a registered agent !   

I've no idea what Vine is tbh. TW seemed to confirm he was an agent as he joked about him being at the Montrose game and how he "could be talking to them about May aswell"

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I've no idea what Vine is tbh. TW seemed to confirm he was an agent as he joked about him being at the Montrose game and how he "could be talking to them about May aswell"

Same here Random, just heard another explanation of vine to be honest. time will tell!

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Just had a look on FA list of (registered) agents and Vine not on it 

Edited by bankfoot saint
Spelling

1 hour ago, Center Half said:

I have heard it is more the case Vine is the south of England scout we have, rather than being SM agent, I would not say I am  ITK on this.

Random I am sure can find out if Vine is a registered agent !   

Vines wiki page makes interesting reading & doesn't look like he would be too cooperative with Saints.

Says Lomax said he would get another contract but Tommy said budgetary restrictions prevented him giving him it. Tommy seems to have been singing the some song for a while now.

Vine told his agent he would only come back to Scotland for a proper team & signed for Hibs.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Vines wiki page makes interesting reading & doesn't look like he would be too cooperative with Saints.

Says Lomax said he would get another contract but Tommy said budgetary restrictions prevented him giving him it. Tommy seems to have been singing the some song for a while now.

Vine told his agent he would only come back to Scotland for a proper team & signed for Hibs.

He is a footballer who has turned into an agent, money talks. It is just another job.