David123

Player Contracts + Transfers

Recommended Posts

Unless things dramatically change (injuries etc) by the end of the year it looks almost inevitable that Scougall will go either on loan or a Permanent deal.Needham will probably return to Ipswich..We had a very strong bench on Saturday with Davidson,Alston Anderson and (possibly) Easton to come back in. I don't think that there will anybody coming in during January so this would leave a bit in the budget to tie up some of the OOC players.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would consider bringing in a left back as cover if it doesn't look like Easton will be ready. It's the only position where we don't really have a natural replacement if Tanser gets injured. I know Foster can play there, but it's his wrong side.  Someone along the lines of young Smith we got in from Preston a year or two back.

Wonder if a few younger lads will go out on loan.. Kyle McLean, Ali McCann, Aaron Comrie etc. With the squad we have it looks hard for them to even get on the bench very often, and thats with a few first team players out injured.

Would have said same as you about Nydham, but he got his first start and had an impact on the game on Saturday so who knows. For me, unless he turns out to be absolutely outstanding over the next few weeks, if he's mostly going to be a sub, I'd rather one of our own young lads got the experience of doing that role instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I would consider bringing in a left back as cover if it doesn't look like Easton will be ready. It's the only position where we don't really have a natural replacement if Tanser gets injured. I know Foster can play there, but it's his wrong side.  Someone along the lines of young Smith we got in from Preston a year or two back.

Wonder if a few younger lads will go out on loan.. Kyle McLean, Ali McCann, Aaron Comrie etc. With the squad we have it looks hard for them to even get on the bench very often, and thats with a few first team players out injured.

Would have said same as you about Nydham, but he got his first start and had an impact on the game on Saturday so who knows. For me, unless he turns out to be absolutely outstanding over the next few weeks, if he's mostly going to be a sub, I'd rather one of our own young lads got the experience of doing that role instead.

Loans are not turning out to well at the moment apart from young Sinclair who is in a team that do not have to defend too much as far as I can see.

May,Kane & Kerr are the only ones that have benefited from loan spells as far as I can see.

I think Mitchell's loan may be only til January so assume Sinclair will come back.

I notice Hurst is in the squad instead of Mitchell at moment so assume Tommy not impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Loans are not turning out to well at the moment apart from young Sinclair who is in a team that do not have to defend too much as far as I can see.

May,Kane & Kerr are the only ones that have benefited from loan spells as far as I can see.

I think Mitchell's loan may be only til January so assume Sinclair will come back.

I notice Hurst is in the squad instead of Mitchell at moment so assume Tommy not impressed.

I thought Mitchell was injured. 

Just on the out of contract players....this chat gets earlier every year. I can’t remember the last time an out of contract player moved away from saints to the betterment of his career. Am I missing someone obvious? 

We almost always re-sign the ones we want to keep and let go the ones we don’t. Any exceptions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

I thought Mitchell was injured. 

Just on the out of contract players....this chat gets earlier every year. I can’t remember the last time an out of contract player moved away from saints to the betterment of his career. Am I missing someone obvious? 

We almost always re-sign the ones we want to keep and let go the ones we don’t. Any exceptions? 

O'Halloran & Swanson?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

O'Halloran & Swanson?.

Yes, I thought about MOH but I couldn't remember if he was anywhere near the end of a contract when he was sold. I was more talking about players who ended up out of contract when with us.

Swanson, yeah...there’s one we never got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Loans are not turning out to well at the moment apart from young Sinclair who is in a team that do not have to defend too much as far as I can see.

May,Kane & Kerr are the only ones that have benefited from loan spells as far as I can see.

I think Mitchell's loan may be only til January so assume Sinclair will come back.

I notice Hurst is in the squad instead of Mitchell at moment so assume Tommy not impressed.

I reckon you can add Zander  and perhaps Gordon to that list so it's not a bad return really 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Know its a bit early for us but would think Tommy is thinking about January transfer window.

Think Nydam will be going back & not sure if Mitchell was just till January.

I am sure Tommy will be trying to loan out McCann & McClean.

We all think it looks like Scougall might be away if he agrees.

The question is will we bring in anyone. Will need cover for Tanser as I can't see Easton coming back.

We still need a holding midfielder ,for cover & the future. Liam is doing a great job & it is a bonus that he is doing a job in there for us but it is a long season , injury & suspension will kick in sometime.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now