David123

Player Contracts + Transfers

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jhq said:

Callaghan has started to impress.  I can see us signing someone in that area though.  Like you, I don't feel the need to sign anyone is as pressing as previous January windows. 

 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Agree I think we'll sign someone but it's not desperate. I wouldn't be against us bringing in a young centre mid for a small fee and on a long contract to see if they'll develop into the Chris Millar/Liam Craig role. We're under no pressure in the league - given where we are I doubt we'll finish below 8th even if we do collapse - so now is the time to do that if we're in any way inclined to.

 

I hope we don't make any loan signings as I think that would be pretty pointless considering where we are as a team.

 

I think with Drey and Muzz injured, Nydam returning to Ipswich, Scougall leaving, Ali McCann and Kyle McClean going out on loan we are a couple short in midfield.

I can see the opposite happening and Tommy bringing in an experienced, reliable central player.

Our midfield options v Hamilton(cup) and Livi(first game after break) are likely to be...

Blair Alston, Murray Davidson, David Wotherspoon, Liam Craig, Matty Kennedy, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson.

A little on the light side when injuries and suspensions kick in post-January.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Agree I think we'll sign someone but it's not desperate. I wouldn't be against us bringing in a young centre mid for a small fee and on a long contract to see if they'll develop into the Chris Millar/Liam Craig role. We're under no pressure in the league - given where we are I doubt we'll finish below 8th even if we do collapse - so now is the time to do that if we're in any way inclined to.

 

I hope we don't make any loan signings as I think that would be pretty pointless considering where we are as a team.

 

Agree re loans. Its only bankrupt teams like Sevco that have to rely on has been loans.

Think Tommy will only bring in someone if he offloads Scougall & Hurst.

Unless of course one of the guys on Tommy's rader becomes available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How good is Mark Hurst? Never seen him play so totally clueless, you'd worry a bit of Clark got injured, so a keeper would be nice I think. Cammy Bell apparently free to leave Partick, but their fans believe he's one of their highest earners, so unlikely to be a viable back up.

After that you're definitely looking for a central player, and a right winger with pace.

Even further down the list would be a right back to compete with Foster.

Renewing contracts has the be the biggest priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

How good is Mark Hurst? Never seen him play so totally clueless, you'd worry a bit of Clark got injured, so a keeper would be nice I think. Cammy Bell apparently free to leave Partick, but their fans believe he's one of their highest earners, so unlikely to be a viable back up.

After that you're definitely looking for a central player, and a right winger with pace.

Even further down the list would be a right back to compete with Foster.

Renewing contracts has the be the biggest priority.

Would you think, TW might take a gamble on Storey from Thistle to fill in for the pace now missing through Wrights injury on the right, he has been a horrendous signing for them but you never know TW may get a turn out of him?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

After that you're definitely looking for a central player, and a right winger with pace.

 

2 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Would you think, TW might take a gamble on Storey from Thistle to fill in for the pace now missing through Wrights injury on the right, he has been a horrendous signing for them but you never know TW may get a turn out of him?   

What makes you think a right winger is anywhere on Tommy’s radar? Wotherspoon, Alston, Swanson and Kennedy can all do a job there until the end of the season - not ideal but nothing like a priority on a limited budget like ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see any major arrivals unless Scougall finds a club and the gaffer can secure a player he's had his eye on.

Don't see any real pressing need for any additions on the right side. Plenty of our players can play wide right and we've got Joe who can move over to right-back if Forster is out for any reason.

Still wouldn't mind seeing us adding ball playing central midfielder if there is a decent one available. Been very impressed by RC lately and Craig's been fantastic centrally, but still would love a player in the mould of Millar who can pick a good pass when under pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Would you think, TW might take a gamble on Storey from Thistle to fill in for the pace now missing through Wrights injury on the right, he has been a horrendous signing for them but you never know TW may get a turn out of him?   

How many times is somebody on here going to tout Storey. He has been shyte over the last 4 years he has been touted & I doubt if he has gained any talent to go with his pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

How many times is somebody on here going to tout Storey. He has been shyte over the last 4 years he has been touted & I doubt if he has gained any talent to go with his pace.

Yes I think I have said that he has been shite up to now, I think Tanser came with much the same tag and he has improved! anyway the clue was in the " would you think " and "may get a turn out of him" in my question.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread this. Think there is a consensus that priority is signing up our top performers on longer deals and to rapidly exit Scougall etc. I reckon if there is funds available after all of this a cheeky wee loan bid for Scott Allan or someone similar would give us another dimension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 12:06 PM, Broon said:

I suspect any transfer activity will be heavily dependent on who moves on - if anyone. I'm just hoping there are no bad surprises....

Hibs are on the lookout for a central defender and Aberdeen have had their coffers boosted to the tune of £150,000 following the sale of Jayden Stockley.

It will be considered a successful window if we keep hold/extend deals of Kerr, Shaughnessy, Kennedy and Watt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nydam & Hurst gone… I don't suppose either can be surprised. Nydam never got a run in team as they were playing well & had few injuries so we won't know how good he could be. Will keep an eye on him at Ipswich. Hope he does well as seems like a nice kid.

Didn't see much of Hurst but looked like he was quite technical. Never set the heather on fire at any of his loans so no surprise he was allowed to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Hibs are on the lookout for a central defender and Aberdeen have had their coffers boosted to the tune of £150,000 following the sale of Jayden Stockley.

It will be considered a successful window if we keep hold/extend deals of Kerr, Shaughnessy, Kennedy and Watt. 

Kerr will have his pick of clubs all in good time. Doubt Aberdeen is much of an appeal on multiple levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Dow freed by County has signed for Peterhead....

 

I wonder how much he regretted not coming to Saints ... We truly are a great club to be with and tommy seems to get the best out of players till the move on ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

Ryan Dow freed by County has signed for Peterhead....

 

I wonder how much he regretted not coming to Saints ... We truly are a great club to be with and tommy seems to get the best out of players till the move on ...

Son in law of jim mcinally, watched him versus Berwick a couple of months ago, certainly dodged one there as he was awful.

Still think we need another body in centre midfield and a penalty box striker just to get numbers up with releases and potential loans of mclean and McCann 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Son in law of jim mcinally, watched him versus Berwick a couple of months ago, certainly dodged one there as he was awful.

Still think we need another body in centre midfield and a penalty box striker just to get numbers up with releases and potential loans of mclean and McCann 

Danny was our plus 1 so unless Tommy finds someone available that he really fancies I think these 2 going will just balance the budget & McClean & McCann may not get loaned out as they never found any in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 4:05 PM, crieffsaintandy said:

Son in law of jim mcinally, watched him versus Berwick a couple of months ago, certainly dodged one there as he was awful.

Still think we need another body in centre midfield and a penalty box striker just to get numbers up with releases and potential loans of mclean and McCann 

Box striker , what about 51 year old Paul Wright ....... still looking like a fresh 70 year old :razz:

71D936B0-680F-4F81-BAF2-A9A36C17D057.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mainstand said:

 MOH missing from the City squad that played newcastle yesterday and  rumoured via Twitter to have left Melbourne City and be heading back to Scotland.

Wonder if that could be the player we are after. 

He publicly said we would be a preferred destination. 

Maybe wrong move after wrong move has left him wanting to be appreciated somewhere that he knows he fits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mainstand said:

 MOH missing from the City squad that played newcastle yesterday and  rumoured via Twitter to have left Melbourne City and be heading back to Scotland.

Wonder if that could be the player we are after. 

There was a rumour his side were getting Jamie MacLaren, and he was headed to Hibs on loan, a month ago on their forum.

Just assumed it was a made up one, but it seems to be gathering pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

There was a rumour his side were getting Jamie MacLaren, and he was headed to Hibs on loan, a month ago on their forum.

Just assumed it was a made up one, but it seems to be gathering pace.

Doubtful given that Mclaren is on loan at hibs anyway so could not be used in a deal unless his parent club were getting something out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now