David123

Player Contracts + Transfers

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Barnsley apparently made an approach for Jason Kerr. 

They signed Liam Lindsay from Partick for a tiny amount, so should be scared off when we quote a fee which should be nearer £1m.

that's all we fricking need... English clubs are chucking money around like they've just won the lotto. if he goes for a decent fee, i hope we have plenty of add-on clauses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Barnsley apparently made an approach for Jason Kerr. 

They signed Liam Lindsay from Partick for a tiny amount, so should be scared off when we quote a fee which should be nearer £1m.

Never mind £1m Aberdeen where asking for upwards of £4m for McKenna that’s a more realistic price .....plus add ins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Never mind £1m Aberdeen where asking for upwards of £4m for McKenna that’s a more realistic price .....plus add ins 

And Kerr is a far better centre half than McKenna. I'd be gutted to lose Kerr to anyone at the moment. 

If he continues to progress at Saints for another year or so, he might even catch the eye for Scotland and be worth serious money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not going to lie, I would be extremely disappointed if our club captain signed for Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs - especially considering we have offered him a very good deal to stay.

I know people people are banding round the “no loyalty in football” and “it’s a short career” even the usual pish about “if another company offered you a pay rise at your work, would you not take it”.....

There is a lot to be said for the fact that he is a club captain being offered the chance to sign a relatively lucrative, relatively long term contract at a team where he is the first name on the team sheet, the manager, players and fans love him and they gave him the platform to transform his career.

Stick around, Joe and get a big money move down south in a year or so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

completely agree... he has the opportunity to help develop younger players as captain and himself... at Aberdeen he'd just be another CD... i appreciate TW going public, shows the club want him to stay, but i just worry he's been swayed by Del & his agent for TW to come out like that. bit of a downer. kerr would be silly to go to Barnsley- or whoever. another season developing would be good for him.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Barnsley apparently made an approach for Jason Kerr. 

They signed Liam Lindsay from Partick for a tiny amount, so should be scared off when we quote a fee which should be nearer £1m.

Random is that based on the tweets from a Barnsley fan or has it been in the press?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

completely agree... he has the opportunity to help develop younger players as captain and himself... at Aberdeen he'd just be another CD... i appreciate TW going public, shows the club want him to stay, but i just worry he's been swayed by Del & his agent for TW to come out like that. bit of a downer. kerr would be silly to go to Barnsley- or whoever. another season developing would be good for him.

It would probably finish his career before it even begins..... "a la Stevie May".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Indicator said:

Happens time and time again but they can't see it. The lure of supposed big bucks... Sandaza, O'Halloran, May...

They weren't "supposed" big bucks.  They were big bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Barnsley apparently made an approach for Jason Kerr. 

They signed Liam Lindsay from Partick for a tiny amount, so should be scared off when we quote a fee which should be nearer £1m.

Can find nothing on this story.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Kerr would be silly to move just now if offered. He has just broke into the team and is getting regular first team football allowing him to develop. Why then move to potential be put back on the bench and move backwards in terms of development. He has seen 1st hand the outcome of all the players who have moved on from saints in recent time. May, ohalloran, swanson. Better to develop first and move when you know you are being brought in as a key player rather than a fringe player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ss75990 said:

I think Kerr would be silly to move just now if offered. He has just broke into the team and is getting regular first team football allowing him to develop. Why then move to potential be put back on the bench and move backwards in terms of development. He has seen 1st hand the outcome of all the players who have moved on from saints in recent time. May, ohalloran, swanson. Better to develop first and move when you know you are being brought in as a key player rather than a fringe player

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's unfair including Stevie May in the struggled after leaving Saints category given it was a career threatening injury that held him back. Even then he's 'only' at a club that's about to financially blast us out of the water trying to get our captain. I wouldn't call that failing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SconeSaintees said:

 

I agree, it would be great if Joe did the right thing by the club, sign an extension and make them part with cash if they really want him. They move on McKenna for circa £7M pick up Joe for free and we get zilch. I think he would benefit from staying and get a REAL carreer move South later. Regarding Kerr if McInnes suggesting McKenna won't go for less than £10M then that's the benchmark for Kerr as he is superior in every department

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

I agree, it would be great if Joe did the right thing by the club, sign an extension and make them part with cash if they really want him. They move on McKenna for circa £7M pick up Joe for free and we get zilch. I think he would benefit from staying and get a REAL carreer move South later. Regarding Kerr if McInnes suggesting McKenna won't go for less than £10M then that's the benchmark for Kerr as he is superior in every department

Anybody heard any whispers on who the potential new signing could be??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

I agree, it would be great if Joe did the right thing by the club, sign an extension and make them part with cash if they really want him. They move on McKenna for circa £7M pick up Joe for free and we get zilch. I think he would benefit from staying and get a REAL carreer move South later. Regarding Kerr if McInnes suggesting McKenna won't go for less than £10M then that's the benchmark for Kerr as he is superior in every department

Aberdeen are never getting near to £7m for McKenna hahaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Aberdeen are never getting near to £7m for McKenna hahaha 

According to his father Aston Villa are looking at him around that number also his wage would be circa £40K per week. I assuming he would be in the know!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

Interested to understand what Peebles has to do with this? The guy's father has confirmed it.

 

You are obviously new to the forum you need to do some trolling (concentrate on any posts linked to Macca at first):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now