David123

Player Contracts + Transfers

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

Anybody heard any whispers on who the potential new signing could be??

Inverness away to pay a fee for some Irish striker. 

Makes you wonder if they're anticipating money from us to get Polworth in this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Inverness away to pay a fee for some Irish striker. 

Makes you wonder if they're anticipating money from us to get Polworth in this month.

Saints are not going to pay money for a guy we don't need to see us out the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Obviously did the deal is not done yet but it's looking a bit more promising

Screenshot_20190122-235320.png

It does sound promising but it also makes me wonder what we have to do to "prove" we want him. I'd really like to keep him but it needs to work within the pay structure at the club. I wouldn't be breaking the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, supersaintee said:

It does sound promising but it also makes me wonder what we have to do to "prove" we want him. I'd really like to keep him but it needs to work within the pay structure at the club. I wouldn't be breaking the bank.

i would. he's a class above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there’s a problem now. We arguably have too many players that could equally demand a top wage for us. 

Joe, Kerr, Zander, Watt, Kennedy, Wright (had he been fit) plus O’Halloran and Swanson will be on good wages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That has crossed my mind- what I would also point out though is that the club has lost some top earners over the past few seasons. Players who had been here a long time and I'd suspect were on very good amounts. Mannus, Macca, Millar, Dave, etc would of been higher earners for us.

Steve Brown seems he is very much cut from the same cloth as his father. I don't think he will ever let it get out of hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also two cup ties in a season against Celtic, with live tv coverage, whilst shite from a football point of view, must be quite a substantial additional income.

Minimum of £200k for the pair of matches combined as a complete guess?

That, along with a few higher earners leaving, will maybe provide a decent amount of scope to sign the abundance of talent we currently have at our disposal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Also two cup ties in a season against Celtic, with live tv coverage, whilst shite from a football point of view, must be quite a substantial additional income.

Minimum of £200k for the pair of matches combined as a complete guess?

That, along with a few higher earners leaving, will maybe provide a decent amount of scope to sign the abundance of talent we currently have at our disposal!

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

SPFL games are but always thought the teams actually playing in cups get the dosh  but it may have changed this season seeing as there are 3 or 4 broadcasters involved.

Even if we don't get TV money a gate of 20000 at average £20 gives us a share of £400 k.

Edited by Cagey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

Same as Cagey, I thought that was for league games, but the two sides in a televised cup match share the gate money and tv money.

I could be completely wrong here,so someone with more knowledge on the subject might provide the right details...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

 

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

SPFL games are but always thought the teams actually playing in cups get the dosh  but it may have changed this season seeing as there are 3 or 4 broadcasters involved.

Even if we don't get TV money a gate of 20000 at average £20 gives us a share of £400 k.

League TV money is seperate to cup TV money, as far as I know, if your cup game is shown live then you get money for it.

Gates are shared in the cup too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Thought the money from tv deals was shared equally and not paid to individual teams involved.

Sorry just checked each team on BBC or sky get 32,500 used to be 85k but reduced from this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Deserves it. He has been immense this season.

Completely agree. He has found a real niche for himself in this new role as roving enforcer between the defense and midfield.

Really happy about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now