David123

Player Contracts + Transfers

Recommended Posts

On the radio on Sunday, they apparently said that Alston was a late addition to the Saints bench because of injury/illness. I know Gordon played on Monday but if it wasn't him that Alston replaced on the bench then who was it. 

The manager clearly rates LG and I think folk are overreacting to Keown's involvement against Celtic. I also think he (Keown) should be judged on what he does in a Saints shirt and not what has gone before at Thistle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Day out to much for Hoodlum on the Sunday had a lie in .

Ha . Prior important appmt. at 1340.

Could have been changed if given more notice of fixture.

Saints guilty of not posting details early enough.

Would have attended otherwise.:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Just for the sake of good old healthy debate....why do we need Tony signed up again next season?

His hold up play and bringing others into the game.

Goal scoring - although  going through a lean spell at moment.

Not acting like a prima donna but working for the team.

All round better than other options we currently have.

and finally because I am of the opinion whilst we have been good for him he has been good for us and I would not like him to go elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

His hold up play and bringing others into the game.

Goal scoring - although  going through a lean spell at moment.

Not acting like a prima donna but working for the team.

All round better than other options we currently have.

and finally because I am of the opinion whilst we have been good for him he has been good for us and I would not like him to go elsewhere.

As it happens, I agree with all those things...I'm just not sure he's "value for money". I would rather try and use his wage to keep Joe and get another option in central midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

As it happens, I agree with all those things...I'm just not sure he's "value for money". I would rather try and use his wage to keep Joe and get another option in central midfield.

Think unfortunately we will lose Joe to "big bucks" Aberdeen and McInnes will again hamper the lads career by playing him out of position.

Do not think Tony's wage would make up difference between Saints and Aberdeen's offer.

Whilst a central midfielder would be ideal, there is a fair chunk of the budget already being spent on midfielders.....if they are no use then get rid and replace with  what is required.  

Do not think Goss will be cheap so could use that wage for CM.

Would not lose Tony and limit our up front options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

As it happens, I agree with all those things...I'm just not sure he's "value for money". I would rather try and use his wage to keep Joe and get another option in central midfield.

So you want us to go into next season with the strikers we’ve got signed up? So that’ll be Kane, McMillan and I think Hendry. We’d score fewer goals than we do now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

As it happens, I agree with all those things...I'm just not sure he's "value for money". I would rather try and use his wage to keep Joe and get another option in central midfield.

Ready made replacement for Joe in Liam Gordon and Ando to cover next season, boy Gallagher at livi would be decent if he comes in, so not a necessary, as above we need an out and out goalscorer, finding ones the problem bit still think Macmillan could be the key if given a decent run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Widge said:

So you want us to go into next season with the strikers we’ve got signed up? So that’ll be Kane, McMillan and I think Hendry. We’d score fewer goals than we do now!

Personally, I think that if McMillan had played the minutes Watt has, he would have more league goals than Watt has. I think an "already signed up" front 6 of the above 3 plus Kennedy, MOH and Swanson is all we can afford to be honest.

As I said earlier, I really like Watt, but I'm not sure his goals justify a new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

Has anyone got an updated squad list? I take it we are just waiting on Watt and Joe now ?

I think it was also Alston, Hurst, McCann and McLean.

Aaron Comrie too but I can’t see him getting offered anything which is a shame as he looked a good young player a few years back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wish is my command - ages were right at the start of the season.

1. Zander Clark (26) -2020

12. Cammy Bell (32) - 2019 (on loan from Partick Thistle) 

30. Mark Hurst (22) - 2019

 

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (32) - 2020

5. Joe Shaughnessy (25) - 2019

6. Steven Anderson (32) - 2020 (on loan at Partick Thistle until May 2019) 

24. Brian Easton (30) - 2019

3. Scott Tanser (23) - 2021

23. Liam Gordon (22) - 2021

14. Aaron Comrie (21) - 2019

15. Jason Kerr (21) - 2022

31. Niall Keown (23) - 2019 (on loan from Partick Thistle)

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (23) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (28) - 2021

4. Blair Alston (26) - 2019 + 1

8. Murray Davidson (30) - 2020 + 1

28. Ross Callachan (24) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (31) - 2020

27. Sean Goss (23) - 2019 (on loan from Queens Park Rangers)

20. Kyle McClean (19) - 2019 - (on loan at Linfield until May 2019)

18. Ali McCann (18) - 2019 (on loan at Stranraer until May 2019)

33. Matty Kennedy (23) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (31) - 2020

Strikers

16. David McMillan (29) - 2020 (on loan at Hamilton Accies until May 2019)

9. Chris Kane (23) - 2020

32. Tony Watt (24) - 2019

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (20) - 2020 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Your wish is my command - ages were right at the start of the season.

1. Zander Clark (26) -2020

12. Cammy Bell (32) - 2019 (on loan from Partick Thistle) 

30. Mark Hurst (22) - 2019

 

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (32) - 2020

5. Joe Shaughnessy (25) - 2019

6. Steven Anderson (32) - 2020 (on loan at Partick Thistle until May 2019) 

24. Brian Easton (30) - 2019

3. Scott Tanser (23) - 2021

23. Liam Gordon (22) - 2021

14. Aaron Comrie (21) - 2019

15. Jason Kerr (21) - 2022

31. Niall Keown (23) - 2019 (on loan from Partick Thistle)

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (23) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (28) - 2021

4. Blair Alston (26) - 2019 + 1

8. Murray Davidson (30) - 2020 + 1

28. Ross Callachan (24) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (31) - 2020

27. Sean Goss (23) - 2019 (on loan from Queens Park Rangers)

20. Kyle McClean (19) - 2019 - (on loan at Linfield until May 2019)

18. Ali McCann (18) - 2019 (on loan at Stranraer until May 2019)

33. Matty Kennedy (23) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (31) - 2020

Strikers

16. David McMillan (29) - 2020 (on loan at Hamilton Accies until May 2019)

9. Chris Kane (23) - 2020

32. Tony Watt (24) - 2019

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (20) - 2020 

Thanks

Edited by bankfoot saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 8:14 AM, Kyle said:

Your wish is my command - ages were right at the start of the season.

1. Zander Clark (26) -2020

12. Cammy Bell (32) - 2019 (on loan from Partick Thistle) 

30. Mark Hurst (22) - 2019

 

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (32) - 2020

5. Joe Shaughnessy (25) - 2019

6. Steven Anderson (32) - 2020 (on loan at Partick Thistle until May 2019) 

24. Brian Easton (30) - 2019

3. Scott Tanser (23) - 2021

23. Liam Gordon (22) - 2021

14. Aaron Comrie (21) - 2019

15. Jason Kerr (21) - 2022

31. Niall Keown (23) - 2019 (on loan from Partick Thistle)

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (23) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (28) - 2021

4. Blair Alston (26) - 2019 + 1

8. Murray Davidson (30) - 2020 + 1

28. Ross Callachan (24) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (31) - 2020

27. Sean Goss (23) - 2019 (on loan from Queens Park Rangers)

20. Kyle McClean (19) - 2019 - (on loan at Linfield until May 2019)

18. Ali McCann (18) - 2019 (on loan at Stranraer until May 2019)

33. Matty Kennedy (23) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (31) - 2020

Strikers

16. David McMillan (29) - 2020 (on loan at Hamilton Accies until May 2019)

9. Chris Kane (23) - 2020

32. Tony Watt (24) - 2019

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (20) - 2020 

it is good to see the club persuading players that their future is better served at saints ,i was just looking at the ages and the contracts lengths of the players and noticed kyle mclean and ali mcCann are both out of contract at the end of this season and they are both under twenty ,well their is a few other players all under twenty who are also out of contract at the end of the season and as far as im aware have not yet been offered any new deals .the players in question are all of last seasons under twenty players and and kyle green ,gregor donald ,jordan boag and john robertson from the u18s ,i hope they find out way sooner than later if they have a future at the club because if they dont they are going to find it a lot lot harder to find new clubs at the same level than what a first team player would 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

it is good to see the club persuading players that their future is better served at saints ,i was just looking at the ages and the contracts lengths of the players and noticed kyle mclean and ali mcCann are both out of contract at the end of this season and they are both under twenty ,well their is a few other players all under twenty who are also out of contract at the end of the season and as far as im aware have not yet been offered any new deals .the players in question are all of last seasons under twenty players and and kyle green ,gregor donald ,jordan boag and john robertson from the u18s ,i hope they find out way sooner than later if they have a future at the club because if they dont they are going to find it a lot lot harder to find new clubs at the same level than what a first team player would 

This must be a horrendous time of year for all those young guys who have spent years with the hope & expectation of being professional footballers.

Not sure what the percentages are but it must be very low for those that actually make it.

Hopefully those that don't make it at Saints can find clubs at lower level and hopefully rebuild their career & prove the coaches wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Think you will find he will be wearing a Saints shirt next season.

People connected to both clubs seems very confident they'll be signing him. Someone is going to end up disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now