Man Of Match Awards - Rnd 26 - Inverness (H)

MoM vs ICT  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After the early warning shots, probably fair to say another game we should have won? Certainly in the second half, all their dangermen seemed very quiet and again we worked that one big chance that we need to take more often. The strikers have good attributes between them but the goals return is starting to cause concern. Pawlett did well before tiring and Cregg was good once more too. Maybe one of Murray Davidson's quieter games. Delighted the defence and goalkeeper got a clean sheet and Mannus made a couple of good blocks. Think I'll go for Dave Mackay though, part of the defence and good threat going forward.

Super Saint for me. Seriously though I thought Pawlett worked hard and played well until the changes. Vine looked like he was going to make a big difference but then moved right and disappeared.

I am going to give it to Mannus though. Wasn't overly worked but had a couple of vital saves and ensured the elusive clean sheet.

Voted for Peter Pawlett,good first half and although he faded in 2nd half showed his commitment when Caley broke away and he tracked back with their big no4 and cut out pass to him,don't think the ref and main stand linesman did him any favours in 2nd half as it looked like he was fouled a few times but no foul given. Quite probably played his last game for us today but would love to see him stay. Dave McKay , Murray and Mannus all played well and Paddy Cregg looking better every game he plays,from where I was sitting thought that he was brought down in box for a pen but unfortunatly he was booked for diving

Mannus for me. I agree I thought it was a game we should've won after that spell of intense pressure but I think we could've easily lost the game had it not been for a couple of really outstanding

I know they've been having a good season but still, I was really surprised at just how good Inverness were. In hindsight I think keeping a clean sheet is a tremendous achievement for the team.

Murray Davidson again for me, loads of effort somme great through balls in the second half, throwing himself into tackles (certailnly doesn't look like he's trying to avoid injury incase of any transfer!) and great in the air as usual.

Mannus was brilliant again, Cregg was great too and couldn't quite understand that change?

Murray Davidson again for me, loads of effort somme great through balls in the second half, throwing himself into tackles (certailnly doesn't look like he's trying to avoid injury incase of any transfer!) and great in the air as usual.

Mannus was brilliant again, Cregg was great too and couldn't quite understand that change?

Thought the change was obvious as reckon he was lucky not to walk for high feet and what should have been 2cnd yellow!Taken off as a precaution in my opinion and to have him available for scum game

Mannus outstanding again.The whole defence looked fine actually

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Was MacLean for me at one point, then he got taken off. Cregg in there for my vote...taken off.....

Liam Cracks, Wright...all nowhere near my vote....stayed on for 90mins, :roll:

Who should've gone on in place of McCracken and/or Wright? We only had Gary Miller on the bench with no other defensive cover. We kept a clean sheet too, not sure what else the centre backs could've done? Cregg was taken off because he was lucky not to be sent off.

Who should've gone on in place of McCracken and/or Wright? We only had Gary Miller on the bench with no other defensive cover. We kept a clean sheet too, not sure what else the centre backs could've done? Cregg was taken off because he was lucky not to be sent off.

Have already had the discussion and get the Cregg argument.

An option was to move Dave into CH and bring Miller on at right back. Do you think the centre halfs played well and were instrumental in the clean sheet?? Yes, they could have done more...they could have not left us relying on Mannus to make a few saves that he shouldn't have had to make due to errors and their clearances and distribution were very poor on Wednesday in my opinion.

They weren't rotten all game and i'm not suggesting that they both should have defo been pulled, but to suggest that the clean sheet means they had a great game and couldn't have done better is niaive

Edited by Edstar101

Have already had the discussion and get the Cregg argument.

An option was to move Dave into CH and bring Miller on at right back. Do you think the centre halfs played well and were instrumental in the clean sheet?? Yes, they could have done more...they could have not left us relying on Mannus to make a few saves that he shouldn't have had to make due to errors and their clearances and distribution were very poor on Wednesday in my opinion.

They weren't rotten all game and i'm not suggesting that they both should have defo been pulled, but to suggest that the clean sheet means they had a great game and couldn't have done better is niaive

I didn't say they had a 'great' game at all, but we did keep a clean sheet. If the defence hasn't conceded and we pull one out because 'they're not having a great game' I'd suggest that's much more naive. It would totally unsettle the defence and we would have lost Mackay's attacking edge on the right hand side. Mannus' job is to make saves. To be honest, I only really remember 3 or 4 saves of any note all day on Saturday and I don't remember too many of those coming from a mistake from anyone at the back.

The defence was hardly Duberry-esque on Saturday, but they all played away fine against the most dangerous attacking team in the league, and they managed to keep a clean sheet. I don't think we can really expect much else.