Peter Pawlett

David123

I had a quick check of reports when he first signed, and every report only mentions he's signed until January. Whether that's the start or end of January I'm not sure.

He was in the papers saying he wants to stay unless Aberdeen will play him regularly. So I'd imagine we've got a good chance of keeping him as Fraser seems to be staying until the Summer

Really hope he does either get his loan extended or sign. Offers so much more than Millar when playing on the right of midfield.

He is starting to show good defensive awareness as well. However, same as Chris, we need him to add some more goals to his game.

Probably a bit more accomplished going forward but leaves his full back too exposed for my liking.

I had a quick check of reports when he first signed, and every report only mentions he's signed until January. Whether that's the start or end of January I'm not sure.

He was in the papers saying he wants to stay unless Aberdeen will play him regularly. So I'd imagine we've got a good chance of keeping him as Fraser seems to be staying until the Summer

Scrap that, according to Aberdeen fans Fraser will force his way out in January

Broon has said he isn't interested in fielding players not committed to the long term at Aberdeen, so a player marking his desire to leave is not going to be popular compared to a lad with 18 months left on his contract. Pawlett was pretty smart in his post match interview stating that he has enjoyed his time and would love to extend the loan if that was the key to more first team football - no alliegence to Saints, just to his own progress.

If anything I'm more impressed with him for the way he handled the interview. Compare that to a seasoned pro like sandaza and you see that the lad has a bit if sense!

I like the communication with Dave McKay - he listens and works very hard on and off the ball.

First young player I've seen at saints for a long time that I'd love to see the chairman just offer to buy from Aberdeen in January. Be a sound investment for the future IMO.

Broon has said he isn't interested in fielding players not committed to the long term at Aberdeen, so a player marking his desire to leave is not going to be popular compared to a lad with 18 months left on his contract. Pawlett was pretty smart in his post match interview stating that he has enjoyed his time and would love to extend the loan if that was the key to more first team football - no alliegence to Saints, just to his own progress.

If anything I'm more impressed with him for the way he handled the interview. Compare that to a seasoned pro like sandaza and you see that the lad has a bit if sense!

I like the communication with Dave McKay - he listens and works very hard on and off the ball.

First young player I've seen at saints for a long time that I'd love to see the chairman just offer to buy from Aberdeen in January. Be a sound investment for the future IMO.

Saints will not be buying anyone. With sub 3000 supporters we will struggle to pay decent wages never mind buy anyone.

I'd rather we had the attacking threat of Pawlett than the defending power of Millar

Miller gives a bit of both though I do prefer him to play more centrally. Pawlett is the kind of player that will be great against certain teams and a real risk against others. Also probably the first player who will get hooked in a game where we really need to dig in and defend in favour of someone more like Millar. I think it just goes to show that we have a pretty decent squad and there will be a lot of rotation as the season continues. We are lucky to have both!

THIS IS TOTAL BS...

ABERDEEN ARE SAVING 2 WEEKS WAGES AND THEN HES BACK ..... CAN WE NOT SEE THE OBVIOUS

chill out we are getting him for at least 2 more games and hopefully more. You also seem to assume that we are paying his wages in full. Not usually the case with loan deals I believe 50/50 more likely.

THIS IS TOTAL BS...

ABERDEEN ARE SAVING 2 WEEKS WAGES AND THEN HES BACK ..... CAN WE NOT SEE THE OBVIOUS

I think it's obvious that if Ryan Fraser goes between now and about 20 Jan then Pawlett is back at Aberdeen. If Fraser is still there then Pawlett may stay. I believe Aberdeen want Fraser to sign a new contract but have been hawking him around just in case.,

THIS IS TOTAL BS...

Steady on.....it means that we have him for two extra games. Tough ones at that, so any player that offers a different option is a bonus. Even though it may be just in the short term its useful.