Richard Brittain

john1962

If the SFA and more importantly our club let the player get his way, then we're just setting ourselves up for so many problems in the future. PCA's between any player and club in this country will mean absolutely nothing and be rendered useless.

The problems I have are first and foremost, this is a clear breach of the rules of his PCA with the club, the only difference is he's asking for permission to do so. Also, he could be saying he wants to stay at County and have his PCA with St Johnstone cancelled, but behind the scenes his agent has received a better offer from another club, there are after all rumours of interest from Rangers. Once we've ripped up his contract, he could easily just say a week or two down the line, "for personal reasons, I will not be re-signing for Ross County, I'm off to sign a pre-contract with Rangers".

What I would want from this if we were to rip up his contract agreement, is a legally binding document backed by the SFA! stating that the player cannot sign for any other club other than Ross County until the summer transfer window is closed. The SFA are going to have to step in to make sure this goes smoothly and to avoid embarrassment.

I'm not even fussed about losing out on Brittain, he would have been a good player to have but it's not like we're missing out on someone who would become the difference between a good or bad season in 2013/14. What annoys me most is the amount of time he's wasted, time that could have been spent scouting other players for his position. Now we find ourselves 5 games from the end of the season and having to re-open the search for a replacement for Murray Davidson.

I see people on other sites are saying that there shouldn't be any problem with the cancellation of his PCA because Celtic did it with a player last year. The obvious difference there being the player suffered a potentially career ending injury (and btw hasn't played a single game since). In PCA's there are terms written up to protect clubs from inheriting a seriously injured player, the two parties would have signed on an agreement to cancel the PCA if such an incident occurred.

As for the Ross County fans coming on here to read this topic and laughing at us being unhappy with the situation, I just hope he doesn't take you for a ride and break his promise...again. After all, can you really trust a player who decided he didn't want to be your captain anymore, entered negotiations with another club, shook hands with Lomas and Brown on a deal and went as far as putting pen to paper with us for the next 2 years of his life? I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him after all of this.

Bottom line is we can't have players in Scottish football signing contract agreements and then changing their minds when something better comes along. You're wasting our clubs time and money and most probably your own clubs as well, don't tell me Ross County haven't spent money since January on scouting for replacements?

This threads embarrassing by the way, what a bunch of bitter cunts we must seem to those looking in.

I think the most obvious reason is that Ross County have offered him an amount closer to what we have. I think we all know if we offered £1.5k a week and County offered £1.2k or £1.3k a week he'd take their offer ahead of ours, so I'm guessing that County have decided to up their offer with their top six status being secured. And his family would probably prefer to remain where they are since it's still a young family. So they've probably decided that Countys offer will now be enough to support them financially while remaining settled would be better for the family than upping sticks to Perth for an extra couple of hundred a week.

I really don't think he's the type of person who'd drop a few divisions to play for Sevco though

Thats my version of what's happened. So the best thing we could do is speak to him as soon as possible, get it 100% confirmed either way and move on. Getting involved in a legal wrangle and wasting money wouldn't be helpful as the Ross County chairman will hardly be willing to pay a large sum. And the uncertainty wouldn't help Lomas try and re-build

Naw nae booing.....save that for the likes of Sevco supporters & their mentality. I always like to think we Saintees are above all of that haha Seriously, there could be a real family reason after all said & done. Despite my initial cynicism, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt......at the end of the day if he disnae come it his loss!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/richard-brittain-st-johnstone-move-in-doubt-1-2898148?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Seemingly there's been discussions for a while now. Ross County won't pay any money to us no matter what the outcome, and Steve Brown maintains he'll be joining in the Summer..

Adams insisted that County would not be prepared to pay a penny in compensation if the deal does collapse.

He added: “I’ve obviously read comments this morning but we will not pay any money to St Johnstone if anything was to happen. St Johnstone will be able to tell you the likelihood of that but I haven’t spoken to Richard recently.”

For St Johnstone’s part, they remain confident that Brittain will be at McDiarmid Park next season.

Responding to reports of the player’s U-turn, Saints chairman Steve Brown insisted: “Both parties entered into the pre-contract agreement in good faith and I fully expect the player to honour it, as we would do.”

Cant believe the ammount of folk saying if he doesnt want to be here rip up the contract!

Brittain has been 1 of the stand outs this year and im pretty sure i he still had 2years left at county theyd be wanting at least 250k which basically eans hes now our most valuable player , yet some folk just want to throw this away?

We should get at least 25% of his contract value with Saints, so if he is on £80K a year, over three = £60K compo.

.....you get the idea.

There is a good chance it would cost us that to recruit another player of that status at this late stage. Agents are gonna jack their prices knowing what they know about us (Craig gone, No Brittain).