Richard Brittain

john1962

Let's face it, Brittain has merely requested that his P.C.A be ripped up for family reasons.

Until he says that he is not prepared to honour his P.C.A. everything else is speculation and some

comments on here have been O.T.T.

Let's see what the outcome is when he has his meeting with Broon, which I'm sure will happen.

=======================

Just checked BBC website & noticed Jim Spence has said exactly the point I have made above.

Does Jim Spence read WAP Site or is he indeed a wapper?

According to BBC Saints taking him to court Richie is a saintee hes not staying at county na na na na

==========

Have just checked BBC website, and failed to notice that Saints are taking him to "court".

Where have you read this or is this a rumour?

Can't take him to court until he has done something wrong surely.

Edited by HOODLUM65

It was literally a few weeks after he signed that I was told to "watch this space" as it was in doubt that he would come. No idea how long football chairmen go away on holiday but perhaps a few weeks would cover most? It's all about money and that is what is ruining our game.

Money 1 ; Integrity 0

Richie, man up!

I was hoping he'd be with us, quality player. I'm sure he would enjoy the club as a route to something big in the future. Travelling to games is easier down here and maybe he and his family could keep their house up there and get help with accommodation here rom the club. I must admit I enjoyed my time up there for approx. 10 years and I had a season ticket for SJFC while up there. A three day break after the Saturday game maybe plus all his summers with them. Alternatively they could also come down for weekends.

Agree with those saying its about money. Of course its about money. What else could it be? Dingwall to Perth isn't exactly a million miles away so you can rule out family reasons. Basically Ross County finished in the top six and offered him more than Saints then told him to put on the sob story and try and get out of his contract.

Unlucky County - a contract is a contract and unless we breach the terms in it there is nothing he can do.

According to BBC Saints taking him to court Richie is a saintee hes not staying at county na na na na

No quite right there David, they are saying that to get out of the contract he will have to take Saints to court, slightly different ;)

---------

My point is that it is not a valid reason, in my opinion anyway. My wife deploys for 4 and sometimes 6 months at a time, with no break or holiday, wonder if she can change her mind on the contract she signed!

--

Most working people can effectively "change their mind", though. It's not unheard of for people to hand in their notice and then change their mind about it, or accept a new job and then not turn up. It does happen.

The club can't force the guy to work for Saints if he doesn't want to, regardless of what his reasons are. I agree with the previous comment that there's the potential for this to turn into football's next Bosman if both sides decide they want this to drag through the courts. What happens if everyone digs their heels in: player won't come, Saints won't back down, Ross County won't pay us a transfer fee? Does the guy effectively freeze himself out of a career over this?

If this whole situation ends up bringing down the entire "pre contract" system, would that be the worst thing in the world?

My tuppence worth... The lad HAS signed a two year contract with Saints. The only way out of this is for whoever he wants to play for to PAY Saints ( and of course Saints would have to be happy with the dea/pricel for it to  go through.

There is a precedent for this.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/5173608.stm

Although the figure of compensation is not mentioned in this report, I believe it was in the region of £500,000. Now obviously Saints aint gonna get huge money if the lad does remain at County or  goes elsewhere but the fact is that this is not the first time it has happened.

I wonder what sort of reception Brittain will get on Sunday from the saints fans????

Guest Mongy Max

=======

Thats some quality alliteration Max :)

Cheers, the guy is a minge!

Just to add to what Adams has said, why does lomas need to speak to brittain? Brown has said all that needs to be said, as of July 1, Richard brittain is a st johnstone player. He has requested that it be terminated but not said he won't come to Saints. Adams trying to haul lomas into his petty games. I for one will give Mr Adams a very tough time on Sunday. In fact I might give my season ticket to someone and pay to sit in the main stand!!

For someone quoted as saying he cant say much , he cant seem to shut up.

Love the Eurosport article that accuses Brittain of trying to wriggle out of the contract.

Edited by john1962

Guest Mongy Max

For someone quoted as saying he cant say much , he cant seem to shut up.

Love the Eurosport article that accuses Brittain of trying to wriggle out of the contract.

--------

Exactly, seems to be saying a lot about a matter he can't say much about. Especially pointing the finger in a bad light at his future employers, could be construed as a form of tapping up!!