Richard Brittain

john1962

At first I couldn't think of this happening before but apparently it happen with Dietmar Hamann when leaving Liverpool, he signed a PCA with Bolton and then had a change of heart. He then signed for Man City a day before he was due to sign for Bolton, Man City paid £400k in compensation to Bolton.

============

400K, that will do. Situation sorted.

On the bbc now -

"

Ross County captain Richard Brittain has changed his mind about a summer move to St Johnstone for "personal reasons", BBC Scotland has learned.

The 29-year-old midfielder wants to cancel the pre-contract deal he agreed with the Perth club in January.

Brittain had been planning to join Steve Lomas' outfit after nearly five years in Dingwall.

County, under manager Derek Adams, are chasing an unlikely European place in their debut season in the top flight.

Seven of Brittain's eight goals this term have been scored in the Scottish Premier League, helping the Staggies, like St Johnstone, secure a place in the top six after the league split.

On securing Brittain's signature at the start of the year, Lomas described him as "a fantastic leader" who would bring "good experience to the club and great quality from dead-ball situations".

It is understood that Brittain hopes to meet St Johnstone officials to discuss his future.

Nobody at McDiarmind Park was available for comment.

Brittain's registration at the Scottish FA was not due to be transferred from County until the end of his current contract and the governing body views his decision as an unprecedented scenario."

So they will just make some stuff up then?

What's the bet the SFA **** this up? It's maybe unprecedented in Scotland but surely they could just do what I did and use google haha or maybe just pick up the phone and ask UEFA for advice. I mean isn't that what they're there for in situations like this? Really, I do wonder what the people at the SFA do behind the scenes at times, it's their job to know things like this. I can just picture them all sitting at computers on their facebooks playing farmville and candy crush until something comes up where they need to act or make a comment.

Guest Mongy Max

I really dont care whether he signs or not.  I just want it doen quickly so Lomas can get on with building for next season.

If all this is true it doesnt say much about Brittain, and his agent, that this hit the press before they spoke to Saints.

--------------------

The more I've thought about this, the more its bugged me. If he does go back to county, and they go down, him and his agent will we whoring him to every club above them and again shows his character as a mercenary.

We pump them on Sunday and Mondays headlines will read "Britain goes full circle, back to saints". COCK!

Not welcome here Richie. I want to watch players playing for the shirt committed to the cause, like vine in his interview on the other thread. He wants to be here!!

If he wants out of the contract he was happy to sign in January then he, personally, or County must buy him out of that agreement. If its left to the SPL/SFA they will piss all over us and we will get nothing.

He's signed a contract under no pressure and in good faith but is now reneging on it.

His agent must be spinning crap to him. I bet county are now offering more money than us now as they are in the top six to try and keep him and his agent is trying everything possible to cancel the deal.

I'm sure Saints lawyers have made sure the contract is tight in respect to getting out of it.

If he's done what's best for his family then fair enough, nice to see that money still doesn't control everyone yet. Won't lie about being disappointed as I am, seems a cracking midfielder and the type of player we need in there. Hope it gets settled quickly so we can start signing up our current squad and try and get May and Caddis to re-sign in particular. 

No doubt this will lead to us spending more time trying to get Easton in, and Lomas will probably offer Vigurs any amount now to spite County

Very strange and suspect that he has been given either a massive pay offer from Ross county which is greater than Saints or he has a sniff of a different club coming in for him.

He was suppose to be sick of the travelling and being away from his wife and kid for so long and now all of a sudden he wants to stay.

Think someone is playing silly beggers by announcing this the week before they play us.

A contract is a contract is a contract! Folk can't have it all ways .....otherwise a good old handshake would suffice... I take it a contract is to protect both parties! I knew as soon as I heard he wanted to renege on his PCA that the 'old chestnut' personal or family reasons would be trotted out. Frankly I only want players who actually want to play for Saints call me picky but that should be minimum requirement! FFS what planet is he on! He should be glad a team like Saints is interested in him....in fact I hope he just does one .....next thing we know he'll be playing for Sevco!!!!!

Family reasons... what a loud of crap.

Did he not think to have a good long chat with his family and think about it before signing the deal? im sure he did do that and his family were more than okay before he signed the deal or he wouldnt of signed it.

County have obviously mentioned ££££££ if he gets out of the saints deal!

For all the County fans reading this. (I know you are)

I'm not bothered either way, I don't mind your club, in fact I don't even have a gripe against Adams, but I severely hope we pummel you on Sunday. I'll respec Brittains decision, but see if it's for money, either you offering a massive wage increase, or to sevco, I won't be impressed.

See you there.

Widge

Guest Mongy Max

For all the County fans reading this. (I know you are)

I'm not bothered either way, I don't mind your club, in fact I don't even have a gripe against Adams, but I severely hope we pummel you on Sunday. I'll respec Brittains decision, but see if it's for money, either you offering a massive wage increase, or to sevco, I won't be impressed.

See you there.

Widge

I agree with a lot but Adams is a grade a fanny.