Old Saints Match Programs

Sparky

Im not sure if this is the rite place to post this but im sure it will be moved or deleted if its not.

I have a load of old saints programs dating back to season 80/ 81 rite upto season 06/ 07 and im looking to possibly sell them. I do have more information on each seasons programs i have because not all seasons are full but i thought i would see if there is any interest first of all before i spend the time typing all the information out on here to gain no interest atal. So far i have sorted out all the home game programs i have and some of the away ones but i still have more away ones to sort out. In total i have 533 programs so far ranging from the dates above and the program prices are between 40p to £2 at the time they were purchased. I also have some european games saints were in and also the scotish cup semi final against rangers at park head along with 2 pices of the tickets. I would like to sell it all as one if possible.

If anyone is interested or would like more information just let me know, cheers

Think you ll find they re worth 20/30 p each and even then if you can find someone that wants them.

Would be worth your while getting them in order and listing what you have though as they ll be worth more as a complete set.

I ve more programmes than I really know what to do with as well.

I ve texaco cup away ones fom the 70 s, they re only prob worth a couple of quid though.

I ve some from late 50 s and 60s , again don t think they re worth much. For a long time the Saints programme was much the same. One from the 50 s looks the same as one ten years later. This makes them less interesting to collect as well.

Fairly sure the European homes from early 70 s arent that expensive to get. I ve had the three homes for a long time but picked them up for maybe a tenner. Think if you had the Hamburg away one( only away one from that era I think ) you could name your price. Think someone paid a few hundred pounds for one. I d like to even see a picture of one if anyone had a copy ?

i got hunners home and away going back to the mid 1970's.i got them in a posh binders the club were selling.maybe we could put all our programmes together and have a big ginormous fuqing bonfire.

Note,nae chunt is getting the 3 home games and sv hamburg away match programmes from our first time in european competition or my ticket for vasas budapest away EVER.

i vote to build a bonfire.

i got hunners home and away going back to the mid 1970's.i got them in a posh binders the club were selling.maybe we could put all our programmes together and have a big ginormous fuqing bonfire.

Note,nae chunt is getting the 3 home games and sv hamburg away match programmes from our first time in european competition or my ticket for vasas budapest away EVER.

i vote to build a bonfire.

Hilarious. I REALLY thought you were going to say

"Maybe we could put all our programmes together and have a big ginormous archive of them at the Sandeman Library"

donate them to the club archive ya miserable chunt :wink:/> ps (strawman) if you have the home Texaco Cup v Ipswich I believe that is quite valuable (£100+) which is not too bad for 1 A4 sheet of paper!!!!!

Its the away texeco cup games I have which I think are fairly common.

Been searching for the programme for my first ever game, Saints V Dundee May 2nd 1979 at Muirton. Saints won 3-2 and I believe it was a really important game. Saints to stay up/Dundee to go down? Has anyone got this programme tucked away anywhere?? I would love to get hold of one. Have a feeling it might have been a postponed game and maybe the dates don't match up? Anyone help?

Been searching for the programme for my first ever game, Saints V Dundee May 2nd 1979 at Muirton. Saints won 3-2 and I believe it was a really important game. Saints to stay up/Dundee to go down? Has anyone got this programme tucked away anywhere?? I would love to get hold of one. Have a feeling it might have been a postponed game and maybe the dates don't match up? Anyone help?

The original date was Monday 1 January 1979. The original programme was used for the replay with a one-page supplement. It was a great game and plenty of battles on the terraces. :shock:

ao6vm1.jpg

25zte0l.jpg

Any bugger got the program from the Saturday night friendly against Dundee, same day as the Perth show. and a certain Flare got fired in Methven street. ? Good planning from Perths finest that day :wink:

Someone selling it on EBay now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/St-Johnstone-v-Dundee-FC-6-8-1988-match-programme-Pre-Season-Friendly-/300845831419?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_Football_Programmes_ET&hash=item460bcf14fb