Hibernian V Saints

glenrothes saintee

Anyone going? I'm off work so might go, but it will depend on whether it is freezing or not (I'm getting old).

Should be a good game, hopefully we will get something from it unlike last time there.

Game is on tv for those that can't go, but I cannae mind if its Sky or ESPN.

C O Y S

Game is on tv for those that can't go, but I cannae mind if its Sky or ESPN.

It is on ESPN. The subscription network which has surreptitiously become the St Johnstone Channel.

I'm toying with the idea of attending this one in person. It could turn out to be a fairly defining fixture as to how this season pans out, and, reading above, there will be at least three others there, so I may as well head along...

If I'm not working I'll be there. Mix results at Easter Road recently, but there never seems to be draws. Take that as an omen, there's only so many times we can miss and Williams bails out thier defence.

3-1 saints.

Williams has done his bit but I would have to look at the other way. It can't be long before the Hibs defence starts to play well as a unit. Some serious quality in Hanlon, McPake, McGivern, Clancy and Maybury and they have been playing together for a few weeks now. Coupled with Williams fine form they will be thinking they are as equally due a clean sheet as Tade, Vine and MacLean feel they are due a hat-trick.

Done and Robertson will go straight into their squad aswell. Hibs have a very solid blend of 12-14 players.

Williams has done his bit but I would have to look at the other way. It can't be long before the Hibs defence starts to play well as a unit. Some serious quality in Hanlon, McPake, McGivern, Clancy and Maybury and they have been playing together for a few weeks now. Coupled with Williams fine form they will be thinking they are as equally due a clean sheet as Tade, Vine and MacLean feel they are due a hat-trick.

Done and Robertson will go straight into their squad aswell. Hibs have a very solid blend of 12-14 players.

Not what the Hibs fans are saying funnily enough. McPakes rash and often dives in, Hanlons the opposite, he stands if and seems afraid of a tackle. McGiverns a solid player I'll give you, but Clancy and fullback isn't and we know Maybury has his limitations. I'd argue the Hibs defence is a walking disaster at times and the amount of times Williams has saved them is testament to this.

Hibs are still a bottom 6 team in my eyes, their good form has died down and once Griffiths gets sent down or does something even more stupid, they'll finish 8th or 9th. But then that's a big improvement on last season.

I just think we'll win, hopefully they play Griffiths out wide where he's ineffectual. Fenlon also seems a pretty poor manager, in terms of tactics, subs and the fact he hast once address thier defensive frailties in the January window. But hey that's just my opinion.

McPake is a recipe for disaster. The penalty he gave away in the cup match against Aberdeen was totally needless. He can be solid, but is prone to ridiculous rash challenges and bookings. Their keeper has been on great form recently, and certainly kept them in it last week.

Griffiths is their best player by a mile. We have to keep him quiet.

We really shouldn't fear them - we were the better team in our last meeting and should have won comfortably but totally chucked it. We need to start taking some of the chances we create (as we do every week). Score early and we can go on to win it, no problem. But go an hour wasting chances again and it will be the same old story.

It is on ESPN. The subscription network which has surreptitiously become the St Johnstone Channel.

I'm toying with the idea of attending this one in person. It could turn out to be a fairly defining fixture as to how this season pans out, and, reading above, there will be at least three others there, so I may as well head along...

I agree that this is one of those defining fixtures that pops up...win it and we go above them, with a game in hand....lose it and we are 4 pts adrfit of them and the game in hand (v Celtic) suddenly goes from feeling like a chance to go further ahead to a game where anything feels doubtful

Drum will be attending this one, hoping to make it a regular at matches this season. Anyone who wishes to join in, please don't hesitate. The more the merrier...

The drum rocks ...my young lad and i were at paisley and i thought the drum crew were brilliant ...made lots of noise for virtually the whole game and the es es chants were ace ...fantastic keep it up lads .