Man Of Match Awards - Rnd 31 - Hibernian (A)

MoM vs Hibernian  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Real tough decision between Muzz and Cregg, with Wright and Vine not far behind.

Cregg for me though. The guy just reads a game so well and has a knack of being in the right place to make that telling tackle or clearance. Okay, a wee bit frustrating when his first thought is to turn back towards his own goal, but, he rarely looked pressurised and rarely loses possession. Great run and cool finish for his goal as well

Paddy Cregg for me also. As Edstar says, he reads the game so well and was first into every challenge last night. The importance of a ball winner is underestimated and that was the difference last night. We fought all over the park to win it back and Hibs just never bothered. Cregg and Muzz were SO dominant it was unreal.

Saying that Muzz wasn't far behind and his passing last night was outstanding considering he's not played recently. Was great to have him back.

Also great to see Vine coming off the left to great effect. He's been doing that more recently and I think with him shooting more he should get comfortably into double figures this season.

Defence were sound again but as usual one lapse of concentration and we were punished. Seems the other team only need one chance and we concede which is frustrating as we defended so well for the other 93 minutes.

Edited by Broon

I went for Paddy Cregg, a very industrious performance capped by a fine goal. Hopefully this performance will give him confifence and help in go on a run of shining performances that will allow us to finish in second place at the cut.

Cregg is not lacking in confidence SS. Every time he has played this season he has put in a solid, no nonsence performance, doing exactly the job he is there to do and them some

He was late, a bit high and the player was in an unthreatening position though, that's why it was daft, the other two were just as daft imo,although thought Mcgivern was lucky not to get a second booking for his trip on Abeid

Edited by dave mc

He was late, a bit high and the player was in an unthreatening position though, that's why it was daft, the other two were just as daft imo

If the ref had been consistant, then, yes, it was a prob a booking for the reasons you state above (although still to see it in any highlights)

Edited by Edstar101

Difficult to single out anyone as it was a great team performance.Will go for Muzz as he has been out of action since new year & gave it all for 90 mins & dominated the midfield.

Mention too for Ando who has also been out for a long time & it never looked like it especially as he was playing out of position.

I went for Muzz as he was everywhere last night, he surely has to have a chance of getting another cap if he produces more performances like that before the end of the season as I don't think the Scotland squad have a player like him at the moment.

I was also really impressed with McLean, he may not have scored too many goals but his hold up work was fantastic (something we missed when he went off I felt) and doesn't seem to be easily bullied off the ball. We never seemed to be under much pressure when he was available as an outball.

Great performance against a team that aren't as bad as they looked last night.

Great performance against a team that aren't as bad as they looked last night.

Our players closing down was fantastic. At times in the second half we were pushing them back from 40 yards out into their own half time and time again. They couldn't create anything constructive at all. Most teams would have looked crap against us last night.

Probably the best performance for Murray Davidson in ages, that's the type of performance I've been expecting every week. Complete dominance of the midfield.

But Creggs my Man of the Match, doesn't seem to make mistakes, always seems to be able to win the ball and helps keep possession better than any midfielder we've had in recent times outwith Jody. When he signed I was horrified, and especially after Falkirk and St Mirren fans started laughing at the signing, now he's my hero. Fantastic player