Alzheimer's Research

deej

I don't think any of you know me, but Alzheimer's has affected my family a lot for the last eight years, with my Grandpa sadly passing away last month. My Mum will be walking the West Highland Way (100 miles in 5 days) in April, in his memory. The Grandpa that passed away is not the Grandpa that we loved and remember, nor would it be how he would want to be remembered.

Alzheimer's Research is looking into ways to prevent and cure all types of dementia, a horrible disease that may well have affected many of yourselves. 

Mum has set herself an ambitious target of £1200, which if achieved would fund 60 hours of research. 
Please donate anything you can in aid of a great cause. Every penny is appreciated.

Thanks,

Duncan Graham

I now exactly what you mean. We as good as lost my grandad several years before he actually passed away and he was a totally different man in those final years to what he had been during the better years of his life. It's a long, sad drawn out death and is very difficult on loved ones to watch the slow deteriation to the point where you are nothing more than kind strangers.

I will donate to this mate, but it will be after pay day!! All the best to your mum in her worthy challenge