Stevie May

rik2304

Just want to put the Deuchar question to bed..

SPL Apps, SPL Goals, Goal Per Game

Deuchar 35 5 0.14

May 22 2 0.09        

Sandaza 27 14 0.52

Sheridan 44 10 0.23      

tade 25 3 0.12

Vine 30 7 0.23

maclean 18 3 0.17

nigel 31 6 0.19          

Current Strikeforce Mean Goals Per Game 0.18     

May does have a long way to go, but as far as the deuchar debate the other day is concerned, he wasn't as good as our current forwards who "dont score enough"

Edited by The Inspiration

Just want to put the Deuchar question to bed..

SPL Apps, SPL Goals, Goal Per Game

Deuchar 35 5 0.14

May 22 2 0.09        

Sandaza 27 14 0.52

Sheridan 44 10 0.23      

tade 25 3 0.12

Vine 30 7 0.23

maclean 18 3 0.17

nigel 31 6 0.19          

Current Strikeforce Mean Goals Per Game 0.18     

May does have a long way to go, but as far as the deuchar debate the other day is concerned, he wasn't as good as our current forwards who "dont score enough"

====================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Why out of interest did you use "Mean Goals per Game"? It would be more effective surely to do it by goals per minute? 

SPL Games - SPL Goals - Goals per minute

Kenny Deuchar - 35 - 5 - every 463 minutes

Stevie May - 24 - 2 - every 382 minutes

Fran Sandaza - 29 - 14 - every 172 minutes

Cillian Sheridan - 44 - 10 - every 287 minutes

Gregory Tade - 31 - 3 - every 643 minutes

Rowan Vine - 30 - 7 - every 274 minutes

Steven MacLean - 26 - 3 - every 650 minutes

Nigel Hasselbaink - 31 - 6 - every 232 minutes

Edited by RandomGuy

Celtic at home when we won 2-1.

==================================================================================================================================

You're right! No idea how I forgot that! I shall amend my post

I can't Edit that one for some reason? Anyway..

Gregory Tade - 31 - 4 - Goal every 482 minutes

Edited by RandomGuy

Just watched Stevie May score a hat trick for us tonight, it could easily have been double that & he was brought off 10 mins from time. Stevie has kept a really poor Accies team in Div 1 almost single handedly with his goals.

He deserves his chance in the SPL, I am not sure whether he will make it, but I hope he does. He can be too greedy at times & he loses possession a lot, but he does know where the goal is & has scored some crackers in a team that under Billy Reid did not create much.

He was also played as a lone striker for Accies which at times must be a thankless task, but in the last couple of games since Billy left he has had a strike partner & this has definitely helped him.

In answer to previous points, he does train with us & will not return to Perth before the end of the season. As far as next season is concerned safe to say he will not be with Accies & I understand he will be out of contract. I would suspect he will receive several offers, but hope he goes back to Perth & is a success for you next season.

Thanks for the loan to Saints & thanks to Stevie for providing some good memories in an otherwise poor season. That said our team is very young & I hope we can be back up challenging with the likes of Saints over the next 3/4 years. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Just watched Stevie May score a hat trick for us tonight, it could easily have been double that & he was brought off 10 mins from time. Stevie has kept a really poor Accies team in Div 1 almost single handedly with his goals.

He deserves his chance in the SPL, I am not sure whether he will make it, but I hope he does. He can be too greedy at times & he loses possession a lot, but he does know where the goal is & has scored some crackers in a team that under Billy Reid did not create much.

He was also played as a lone striker for Accies which at times must be a thankless task, but in the last couple of games since Billy left he has had a strike partner & this has definitely helped him.

In answer to previous points, he does train with us & will not return to Perth before the end of the season. As far as next season is concerned safe to say he will not be with Accies & I understand he will be out of contract. I would suspect he will receive several offers, but hope he goes back to Perth & is a success for you next season.

Thanks for the loan to Saints & thanks to Stevie for providing some good memories in an otherwise poor season. That said our team is very young & I hope we can be back up challenging with the likes of Saints over the next 3/4 years. Good luck for the rest of the season.

=====================================================================================================================

Thanks for the info. and your kind comments about Stevie.

Good luck for the rest of this season and next.

What game was it he scored his first goal in the SPL for us at home? I thought it was Hamilton but can't find anything on the Saints Website where the results are now I'm not 100% sure.

Hamilton is a all right wee ground to go to and there's a Morrison's right next to the ground so u can go to the cafe and get something to eat before the game and and the ground is an interesting set up as well

thanks for the update ...i really hope you didnt cheer on that day :twisted:

I say we riot if the club don't offer him a new deal! what's taking them so long?

In Stevie we've got a player we've brought through our youth system and has signs of becoming a decent striker. Surely we should be keeping a hold of him, helping him grow with the view of selling him for some much needed money in the future. We can't keep signing players, paying out their wages and letting their contracts run out and letting them go for nothing, if we keep doing that we'll be on the one way road to a financial mess.

Same goes for Liam Caddis, there is obviously potential there so get him in the 1st team and nurture him into a player who's actually worth something to the club. Has the club forgotten what the youth system is there for? it seems like it!

Edited by mad saints fan

What game was it he scored his first goal in the SPL for us at home? I thought it was Hamilton but can't find anything on the Saints Website where the results are now I'm not 100% sure.

Hamilton is a all right wee ground to go to and there's a Morrison's right next to the ground so u can go to the cafe and get something to eat before the game and and the ground is an interesting set up as well

It was 2-0 saints and stevie may got both goals Edited by dan loves saints

Surely 40 goals in 2 years is worth a punt?

I think everyone needs to see past the whole goals thing. Don't forget his age, but also his dedication, attitude, understanding, talent and all round game.

Scoring goals is how a striker is generally measured, however ourselves and Ross county have found out that you don't need a 20 goal a season striker to challenge for a European spot.

Mistakes have been made, both good and bad, on signing strikers based on their goal tally and even more so during their development years - I'm sure somebody earlier mentioned the examples of Goodwillie, Russell and Dobbie.

Scouts and managers don't earn their dough checking on a young strikers goal for column, and rightly so. It's about seeing the potential and then having the strength to stick by that young man to see him fulfill that potential.

May is raw and naive but I know enough of him to know that he is SPL standard.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Plus, every good team on the european stage seems to have at least one player with ludicrous hair.  It's almost a requirement.  I think St Johnstone's greatest weakness this year can be directly linked to the relatively normal hair of the players.  Rowan Vine's has verged on 'a bit silly' at times, and this is directly related to his goal scoring.  Alan Mannus has improved as his slightly silly mohawk has increased in sillyness.

Does anyone really think Fellaini, Sagna and Lalas to name but three would be half as good if they didn't look like the spawn of twisted cartoonists? 

Just look at Fernando Torres and now Andy Carroll with their short hair and utter inability to score goals.  

Edited by montrosesaintee

Plus, every good team on the european stage seems to have at least one player with ludicrous hair. It's almost a requirement. I think St Johnstone's greatest weakness this year can be directly linked to the relatively normal hair of the players. Rowan Vine's has verged on 'a bit silly' at times, and this is directly related to his goal scoring. Alan Mannus has improved as his slightly silly mohawk has increased in sillyness.

Does anyone really think Fellaini, Sagna and Lalas to name but three would be half as good if they didn't look like the spawn of twisted cartoonists?

Just look at Fernando Torres and now Andy Carroll with their short hair and utter inability to score goals.

It's the oldest trick in the football agents book. Brought to us by our African friends.

Have a stupid hairdo and you stand out to scouts ;-)