Stevie May

rik2304

Kris Commons says his retirement from international football is key to his domestic success - 30 years old!! Just shows the difference in attitude between him and May, who would probably give his right nut for a Scotland cap. I hope the SFA are very proud of their player of the year, who cares more for money and awards than his national side.

To be fair to Commons, he was born in England to English parents so it's understandable he doesn't have the same affinity to the national side.

Why the feck was he chosen to play in the first place then other than the fact he plays for one of the old squirm....................... ( no doubt someone will now tell me he won his first cap before coming to Septic )

Yes he got it while at Derby.

Thus prob the reason why Celtoc wanted him.

Indeed, who's going to score the goals in the under 21's. Feruz isn't ready, barely played any top level stuff. Tony Watt's an insolent little brat, who's a world beater in his head and then I'm struggling to name any other strikers who could potentially play. May is, to be frank, one of their best hopes of going through.

Andy Robertson isn't such a miss, since he's only played 1 game IIRC for the 21's, so they've never really used him anyway.

Guest ScottMann

Can see why he's not in the squad this time but it's disappointing to see another failed Englishman joining the queue ahead of him. Martin has a Scottish dad but is an England under-19 international that didn't progress. I'd still rather have players that see Scotland as their country play for us rather than as a last chance option no matter how old fashioned that view is. Stevie will get there one day though.

Can see why he's not in the squad this time but it's disappointing to see another failed Englishman joining the queue ahead of him. Martin has a Scottish dad but is an England under-19 international that didn't progress. I'd still rather have players that see Scotland as their country play for us rather than as a last chance option no matter how old fashioned that view is. Stevie will get there one day though.

I'd hardly class 25 goals in The Championship (the real one, not the copycat version up here) as a failure.

We have to look at every option available to us or we'll be left behind. Even the big nations do it.

I don't see people over here complaining that Podolski ("Podolski never come back to Polski" as he's affectionately known to my Polish mates) and Klose all have played for Germany. I'm pretty sure Ozil isn't German or that half the French national team are of various African lineage and qualify due to former colonial status.  Even the Spanish have a Brazilian in their side I think.