Stevie May

rik2304

Got to give stark the bullet. That's 3 times I've watched that u21 team get absolutely humped. No organisation. Tactics appalling. Nice goal from Stevie May, he was on a hiding to nothing in that side but managed to bag, as he usually does.

According to the Star, Rotherham are interested again, now that they are back in the Championship:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham/rotherham-united-millers-look-at-1million-man-1-6641803

Looks as though they would have to break their record transfer fee six-fold!

Also, from deputy sports editor:

#rufc yet to bid for Stevie May. Steve Evans has had "brief chat" with St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright. #rufcwall

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

I don't think he will move now and especially to Rotherham! 

If he did, he would then not play next season for the Scottish Cup holders in a league without Hibs, Hearts and Rangers under the nose of the Scottish Manager where, with 25 goals, a possible further cup and top three finish for Saints, a full international call up would not be out of the question.

At that stage he might well have to look at it again and if he did, it won't be Rotherham.

PB

It's got feck all to do with Rotherham. It's about the size of the transfer fee and the size of the wages on offer, whether it's right to hang on for another year and wait for a better deal (weighing up the risk of injury and loss of form)  and the size of the agents commission. Both Stevie's involved are sound and will make the right decision. Let's face it, Rotherham are now a championship club, and though my heart bleeds to say it, somehow it has become a compliment to attract interest in our players from a Div 2 English side.

Whatever happens, nothing will change what Stevie did for us, and I wish him all the best in the really difficult decisions he may have to make in the months/year to come.