Thatcher

Guest Mongy Max

• 1 year later...

To quote one of the newspaper articles..

"the warning letter from Political Honours Scrutiny Committee member Lord Shackleton spelled out to Ms Thatcher that police had investigated Smith in 1970 for 'indecent assault against teenage boys'. It said that that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) had decided 'there was no reasonable prospect of conviction'."

There was another letter from the Cabinet Secretary asking the DPP why Smith had not been prosecuted. He might have been prompted to ask by someone in HMG in my opinion.

Not saying I like Thatcher or apologising for any of the bad shit she did, I just think there's smoke here but nae fire Tam.

Well after the recent revelations regarding thatcher / cyril smith regarding Child abuse, as a mother herself she was a total disgrace, and to think we gave her a 10 mill funeral.

Bring it on you Thatcher apologists.

Carol and Mark are the most normal children in the world, no idea what you are getting at :wink:

You only had to have one look at Cyril Smith and you would lock your children away :shock:   

Sorry Stalin boyzo, you cant pin this one on Dame Thatcher :cool:

plenty of online accusations of ted heath too.

the whole abuse scandal i think is pretty much across party affiliations, and more to do with people in powerful positions, who think they are above the law. Similar to the scout master or bus driver who thinks they can get away with i because they are family friends