Odesi

fazman1977

Kamal, owner of Odesi, has a long and storied history of not actually paying for a delivery driver. Instead, if someone phones in, he'll either dispatch a waiter or ask Pegasus/A1/Dalyano's to let him use theirs. If the restaurant is busy and his neighbours are doing their own deliveries then that's you shit out of luck, chuck.

Kamal, owner of Odesi, has a long and storied history of not actually paying for a delivery driver. Instead, if someone phones in, he'll either dispatch a waiter or ask Pegasus/A1/Dalyano's to let him use theirs. If the restaurant is busy and his neighbours are doing their own deliveries then that's you shit out of luck, chuck.

Alot of pish as usual

Victim of its own success, or a has been?

Only reason I ask is that I ordered a home delivery from them at 20 past 7. Two phone calls back to them and quarter past nine and it's still not here.

Not happy.

Is there not WAPPER that works there?

I used to work there faz,I was the only driver for a couple of months then we took on another driver on a Friday and Saturday at the busiest time 5-9.We were unbelievably busy to the extent the kitchen could nt cope.As far as I know there is just the one driver now.

Faz what I will say is that 2 brothers that are regulars(both sitting in and take-away) with Kamal.One complained all the time about the delivery service to Kamal and the driver.His brother said if you want fast food then go to MacDonalds.

I know that 2 hours is not an acceptable waiting time for any delivery that was quoted an hour though.

Care to expand? Need a venue for a wee ruby in Perth soon.

cheers

Dave,

Tabla is top-notch. The guy, Praveen, that owns it worked in Gleneagles before too, so the service is great and he's a really nice guy too.

Try the salmon tandoori. It's amazing.

You won't go wrong with Tabla. They recently won an award for their restaurant aswell. Testimony to their hard work.

A word to the wise - Tony Heath, Graeme Pallister and *** Dover all get their curries from Tabla on their days off. These guys are all top local chefs so they know their stuff.

Edit - had to laugh at T I M Dover's first name being censored!

Edited by fazman1977

Dave, don't have much to add other than what Fazman said.  They make all their stuff fresh, and you can really tell. I've lived in Glasgow and Manchester and Tabla is up with the best curry houses those cities have to offer. The restaurant is busy pretty much every night of the week which speaks for itself. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor too.

Perth is crying out for one of these establishments to go that extra mile.

Its ok to post that you felt "wanted" when you arrive.

But folk want more than that.

They want it to be an unforgettable experience, on a Special occasion, e.g. Birthday, Anniversary etc.

Some reviews on here regarding the food, whether it is sit in or takeaway ( quality should not vary) really disapoints me.

Will Say, I have been to Odesi more than once (sit-in).

Service, quality of food, size of portions, attention

to customers requests, could not be faulted.

Makes me wary of visiting some of these other establishments .

As they say, one mans meat is another man's poison.

Did I really say that, when "we" are talking about food, which I love.