Possible Replacements

byebyedundee

I still struggle to believe he'll actually get the job.....as much as asking permission to talk usually indicates a done deal.

I think you're right, they'll have done the interviews with Lomas and others, and decided that he's their man. "Permission to talk to" is to me permission to offer him the job.

Doesn't mean he'll take it though.

Honest to god why the hell do folk want Morris as manager?

The guy spends 90% of his life tweeting absolute shite about nights out with the lads etc! He is not management material. I will be horrified if we hire someone so unprofessional.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jody would be a backward step. Or sideways. Not forward thinking.

I think you're right, they'll have done the interviews with Lomas and others, and decided that he's their man. "Permission to talk to" is to me permission to offer him the job.

Doesn't mean he'll take it though.

Very true, as much as SB claimed "no contact from Millwall", it certainly appears there was and as you say, it's then "Permission to offer him the job". 

No guarantee he'd take it, depends what finances are offered for him to do something with the team...........and whether or not the fans reaction or the WH connection bothers him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jody would be a backward step. Or sideways. Not forward thinking.

I see what you did there!  :laugh:

No brainer for me. On impact, knowledge of Scottish game, contacts and good communication it has to be Hartley. I agree with a few posts, Sheerin probably out of his depth, unsure on Moore.

Be careful of a dream team management, remember JC's return!

Definitely a reality check with that reminder......although at the time it appeared to be a somewhat-decent appointment even without the 'return' element.

JC did sign Steven Anderson though!.........and Jordan Tati......and Colin Marshall  :shock: