David Wotherspoon

rik2304

I agree with MS. Its horrible to see certain "supporters" trying to hound Spoony out of the club. FFS, the man will be a saints legend one day.

Don't think anyones trying to hound him out the club.He hasn't hit the heights of last season,nowhere near it.He is probably the most skillful player at the club but he infuriates people because we all know he is capable of doing better.We are all willing him to do well but frustrated he isn't,that's why opinions are divided.

Hes a player who'd be better regarded if he seen less of the ball, the fact he sees more of it than anyone else gives this impression he always loses it, while percentage wise he creates more per touch than anyone else. Hes, by a distance, our most creative player, and with the squad we have hes undroppable almost because of this. It can be annoying because he can be really terrible some days, but its understandable why TW sticks with him.

Don't think anyones trying to hound him out the club.He hasn't hit the heights of last season,nowhere near it.He is probably the most skillful player at the club but he infuriates people because we all know he is capable of doing better.We are all willing him to do well but frustrated he isn't,that's why opinions are divided.

And we still might hit third and our best ever points tally in the top flight.

He undoubtedly is a very talented footballer who we are very fortunate to have in our squad, but for my liking he is too lightweight and is more often on his arse than he is on his feet.  If he increases his body strength and learns to stay on his feet more he will be a VERY good player for us in the years to come.

His job is to go past players and create chances. Statistically even the best wide players in the world don't have a high success rate at these things. However, when playing in good sides you get more opportunities to to be successful. When at Saints we only have a handful of attacks in a game it gets frustrating when any player screws up a move.

However, hes important to saints and I like him.

Has now been credited with Saints Second v Dundee ---Fookin Legend now 

i've only seen the goal once and i didn't notice a deflection, recon he deserved it.

He shows flashes of brilliance that can be a game changer, lets hope all you haters don't drive him away  :evil: , i really like him.

Am I talking nonsense? 

YES, he's a fookin legend don't ya know? he's even had a chain of pubs named after him  :)

Spoony is exactly the kind of player I would pay to watch. Yes, when things aren't going his way, or he is having an off day, it is frustrating, mainly because we all know what he can do.

Saints without him in the side would be even more boring to watch.

Are we allowed to say positive things about a Saints player? :laugh:

Spends a lot of time holding his hand up apologising to team mates for a poor pass, poor corner, poor free kick, poor decision. Think attitude may be his problem at times. However, we have and have had worse at the club but will just have to make do with what we've got. Considering some performances this season I am very surprised with our current league position. Just shows the standard of the opposition.

Spends a lot of time holding his hand up apologising to team mates for a poor pass, poor corner, poor free kick, poor decision. Think attitude may be his problem at times. However, we have and have had worse at the club but will just have to make do with what we've got. Considering some performances this season I am very surprised with our current league position. Just shows the standard of the opposition.

wow, could that have been any more negative?

'mon the Saints

Top 6 again, beaten Celtic at Parkhead, knocked FC Lucern out of Europa League, £800k in bank from Stevie May, pushing for third & Europe for 4th season in a row & the Scottish Cup still in the Cabinet.

Talk, about a "Complaint of Saintees".

I despair....

Edited by That Bar Toilet Attendant

Top 6 again, beaten Celtic at Parkhead, knocked FC Lucern out of Europa League, £800k in bank from Stevie May, pushing for third & Europe for 4th season in a row & the Scottish Cup still in the Cabinet.

I despair....

Aye people on here never happy unless having a moan.

I despair....

So because of this we are not allowed to discuss the individual performance of one of our players?

Go on any fans forum, whether it be St Johnstone, East Fife, Real Madrid or Chelsea and there will be fans discussing individual player performances, the managers tactics etc. Its one of the many things that make football so enjoyable. Everyone has an opinion and platforms like internet fans forums are great places for discussing these opinions.

So because of this we are not allowed to discuss the individual performance of one of our players?

Go on any fans forum, whether it be St Johnstone, East Fife, Real Madrid or Chelsea and there will be fans discussing individual player performances, the managers tactics etc. Its one of the many things that make football so enjoyable. Everyone has an opinion and platforms like internet fans forums are great places for discussing these opinions.

Criticise all you like. We beat our arch rivals away from home in an important game, kept a clean sheet & afore mentioned player scored a goal. The glass is either half empty or half full??

Personally, I think the only reason anybody is having a go at Spoony is because we all know how good he can be and he has not reached those heights consistently this season. I have had the feeling he has had some sort of illness from which he has not recovered fully and this has been affecting his stamina levels, may be talking out my a*se but he seems to run out of steam well before 90 minutes are up. 

Really like Spoony has been a major part of success last couple of seasons, at least prepared to try the odd difficult creative pass hence giving away possession. Brings balance to the team and thank God we have some creativity in the side since wee Nigel left