Number 1 - V Aberdeen

Number 2 - V Celtic

Number 3 - V Dundee United

Number 4 & 5 - V Hibernian

Number 6 - V Hibernian

Number 7 - V Falkirk

Number 8 - V Rangers

Number 9 - V Hamilton

Assume Soccerbase decided his goal in the 4-1 over Rangers was an own goal as thats the one they've missed out, can't remember whether he got the official recognition or whether it went down as an OG tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoony interview

David Wotherspoon insists he pays no attention to the St Johnstone boo-boys – but he does admit he is his own worst critic.

The Saints midfielder has been one of Perth boss Tommy Wright’s top performers this season.

But the Northern Irishman is concerned by the flak the former Hibernian wideman takes from the McDiarmid faithful, saying earlier this week: “He gets a bit of stick at times, even from our own fans. Players and managers expect criticism but I don’t think the criticism of David is fair.”

However, Wotherspoon admits his biggest problem is keeping a positive frame of mind and not the abuse he is taking from the stands.

He told Press Association Sport: “The worst critic is myself. I beat myself up when I’m playing and it gets to me sometimes. The fans come later.

“I never really notice them too much but sometimes you can tell if they are not happy. They will shout some stuff but you’ve just got to laugh it off because you’re on the pitch and you’ve got to do your job.

“But my own reactions can have an effect on my performances. I’m my own worst enemy at times. I’ve watched games back after thinking I’d played badly at the time but on the replay I’d actually done okay.

“However, from looking at my body language, I can see I’m not happy.

“So after noticing that part of my game I’ve tried to rectify it. I’ve just tried to make sure I don’t think so negatively while I’m playing.

“There’s no point beating myself up if I give away the ball. I just tell myself to make sure I play the next pass right.

“I’ve not spoken to anybody like a sports psychologist. We did that a couple of times when I was at Hibs but it’s not something I’ve felt the need for recently. I just think it’s something you need to straighten out yourself.”

But Wotherspoon has had little reason to doubt himself this season.

His tally of nine goals is just one short of the entire total he has managed in the six previous seasons since starting his career at Easter Road.

He is also into double figures for assists but the 26-year-old wants to continue his scoring streak as Saints prepare to round off their season with their three final fixtures, starting with Motherwell at Fir Park on Saturday.

“This season has been good for me,” he said, “I haven’t missed too many games and I’ve managed to score more goals, which is something I’ve been wanting to do for a few seasons now.

“I’ve got a place in the team where I’ve got to do the defensive side of things and try to help out my full-back.

“But I’ve also managed to find myself further forward. I’ve been trying to create more and have found myself in the right position to get those goals.

“Luckily it has happened for me this season but I want more. I’m still thinking about the penalty I missed against Inverness a couple of months ago.

“Hopefully though I can add a couple more before the end of the season.”

From the Motherwell highlights it shows a Spoony cross but Macca definitely got a flick on it to take the ball over the Well defender onto Swanson. Not sure who gets the 'assist' in that case. Anyway great win and another deserved 3 points, although game looked quite end to end from highlights and could have gone the other way had Motherwell taken their chances.

.... game looked quite end to end from highlights and could have gone the other way had Motherwell taken their chances.

Sums up the Scottish Premiership this season really.. 70/80% of the games are there for the taking depending on the team who takes their chances.. 

It appears we are the only ones to appreciate him.

I only got to one game this season, against Motherwell. Spoony was dropped and came on as a sub. It clearly put a rocket up his arse because when he came on in the second half he was electrifying. A brilliant performance, running hard at the Well defence and causing all sorts of trouble. He turned the game.

Tell you what, he's a really nice lad as well.

He came to award my son's cub's football team their trophies last year and took the time to stay a good while for photos, autographs. etc. and was humble to the point of shy.

Then we saw him in IKEA a few days later and he recognised my young lad and said "hello". Made what would have been a boring day for a wee boy a good one.

Tell you what, he's a really nice lad as well.

He came to award my son's cub's football team their trophies last year and took the time to stay a good while for photos, autographs. etc. and was humble to the point of shy.

Then we saw him in IKEA a few days later and he recognised my young lad and said "hello". Made what would have been a boring day for a wee boy a good one.

This is nice to know. I believe he is from Bridge of Earn, is this correct?