Rosenborg V St Johnstone July 18Th Europa League 2Nd Round

Shibbydoo

From what I saw last night, Crusaders were badly organised at the back.  With our first choice back 4 all fit, and Mannus in goal, I see no reason why we shouldn't make it very difficult for them to break us down.  It sounds negative, but i would be delighted with 0-0 over there, and feel that trying too hard to get an away goal could be dangerous.  There's always a chance with a set piece or nicking a goal on the counter.  They looked organised and efficient, but not particularly flamboyant.  As an attacking force I'd be far more concerned facing Celtic, and we more than held our own against them last season.

I'm disappointed that Callum seems unlikely to feature in the first team though.  I felt that his experience and reading of the game was the difference last season in some of the big games.  

God day lads, heres my predicted RBK team next Thursday.

Örlund (gk)

Gamboa - Reginiussen © - Strandberg - Dorsin

Svensson - Selnæs - Jensen

Dockal - Chibuike/Søderlund - Mikkelsen

Our new striker, Norwegian international Søderlund, might get his debut against you, if not Chibuike probably will play CF. First choise Nicki Bille is out with injury, might be back for the second leg.

Hope you get will have a good time in Trondheim, despite the ressult. ;)

Edited by Georgios

Any one know what the ticket situation is. I'm guessing the norwegian ticketmaster is for the rosenborg fans only as the bottom tear's behind the goals are not available and I read somewhere that's where we will be sitting. Confirmation on this woud be good. I guess it will most likely be a case of picking them up before the game at the ground.

Any one know what the ticket situation is. I'm guessing the norwegian ticketmaster is for the rosenborg fans only as the bottom tear's behind the goals are not available and I read somewhere that's where we will be sitting. Confirmation on this woud be good. I guess it will most likely be a case of picking them up before the game at the ground

Saints website

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2604

Following last night’s confirmation that we are headed for Norway next week, Rosenborg have today informed us of the ticket arrangements.

The tickets for the game next Thursday will come into possession of Saints over the course of the weekend and those who are travelling on the club’s charter flight (more details of that will be issued in the next few hours) will receive a ticket as part of the package.

Those supporters who are making their own way to Norway and who can come to the McDiarmid Park Ticket Office on Monday or Tuesday of next week will be able to buy tickets from there from 9am until 7pm.

We do, of course, realise that a number of fans will not fall into either of these categories and therefore the club shall arrange to sell tickets to supporters from the supporters main hotel (details to follow) between 2pm and 4pm on the day of the game (Thursday).

This is similar to the arrangements we had in Eskisehir last year which worked well.

A mobile phone number for you to use for queries is 07462 526173 from Wednesday onwards but please do not use the number to ‘book’ tickets. There will be enough to go around and the club can get more from Rosenborg if required. However, tickets for Saints fans will NOT be available direct from Rosenborg.

The price of the tickets is £18 for all seats - please try and pay in sterling if you are buying from the contact at the hotel next Thursday.

Sure it wasn't just people on here making that conclusion?

No, the club stated it wasn't included before, I guess because they were unsure themselves how the opponents would distribute them. As they're going to be in Saints possession before flight they are now including it and rightly so for those that have forked out £850 per head.

How much did the charter come in at? I see they are saying an email has been sent, but I haven't received one.

They emailed me last Friday to state that you had to confirm interest before 5pm on Tues, which I did Tue lunchtime. At this point the charter was ready sold out with names for a reserve list being taken. At this point they confirmed to me the £850 price tag.

Edited by Markinch Saint

After 9-3 over two legs against Crusaders, Scottish opposition awaits in the 2nd qualification round. 

- I've talked a bit with Thomas Rogne, and he says that St. Johnstone are a solid team. It's quite British: They are good at set pieces and give 110 percent. So the attitude will be much of the same, but we have move up some weight classes, believes the Rosenborg coach.

Saturday, Bjørn Hansen (analysis scout) will watch the opposition in a friendly against Morton.  

- Now we must await the report from Bjørn and what he sees. But we face a team that finished third in the Scottish Premier League and Scottish football is ranked ahead of Norwegian football in the league index. So it need hardly be said that there is a "new ball game", as they say in Tydalen, winks Perry (coach). 

They emailed me last Friday to state that you had to confirm interest before 5pm on Tues, which I did Tue lunchtime. At this point the charter was ready sold out with names for a reserve list being taken. At this point they confirmed to me the £850 price tag.

Markinch you are incorrect. The price including ticket is less Than £850.