Bus To Home Europa League Game? Any Interest?

Nelly78

As per Stu's post in Saints Chat, someone had suggested we look into the possibility of running a bus from Edinburgh to Perth for the home game, to provide transport for both ourselves and the Rosenborg fans.

A number of the Rosenborg fans have intimated that they will be basing themselves in Edinburgh and, given how crap public transport is between the two cities in midweek (last train is a hell of a rush to catch after the match), I thought I would gauge the level of interest from the Edinburgh/Lothians/Borders/M90 corridor based Saints to see if there was enough interest to make this worthwhile.

The plan would probably be to leave Edinburgh early afternoon as this would give the Norwegians a chance to see Perth and have a few per match beers, then straight back through after the match. There has been mention of Saints fans subsidising the cost of the bus, which I have to say I don't agree with, given that Norwegian salaries are likely to be far higher than ours!

If you do fancy the idea of going through on a bus can you let us know please. If there's enough interest we can then see about booking something and arranging somewhere to go in Perth pre-match. Cheers.

Sounds good to me, though I have to agree with you about subsidising the bus. Personally I feel that if you are going to use the bus you should pay for it out of your own pocket regardless of which team you are supporting.

Not sure about the pre-match watering hole now that Sportsters is gone, however the Wetherspoons (Capital Asset) on Tay street may be a good shout as it has a licence for tables outside? Or possibly The foundry or Sandemans (Do you know that used to be a Library?) although the latter two would be indoor only which could be a bit pants as the weather is meant to keep up like this until the end of the month.

Sounds good to me, though I have to agree with you about subsidising the bus. Personally I feel that if you are going to use the bus you should pay for it out of your own pocket regardless of which team you are supporting.

Not sure about the pre-match watering hole now that Sportsters is gone, however the Wetherspoons (Capital Asset) on Tay street may be a good shout as it has a licence for tables outside? Or possibly The foundry or Sandemans (Do you know that used to be a Library?) although the latter two would be indoor only which could be a bit pants as the weather is meant to keep up like this until the end of the month.

Also, can we make sure it's a bus with a loo? You know what we're all like with a drink in us. Seal broken.......

As Stu said, this idea seems to have gone down as well as a fart in a lift with our Viking invaders and looks like a complete non-starter unfortunately. It seems that some of them are against the idea of sharing transport with the opposition's fans, which seems very bizarre to me.

Looks like it'll be either driving through and no beer or train through and running the risk of missing the last train home, or missing extra time if it goes that far, which is not ideal. Does anyone know a man with a minibus who we could pay to bring us home?!!!

If we get enough confirmed numbers could we maybe sort out our own mini bus again? Or would this be an expense to far?

How much did we pay for the smaller bus we took up to Dundee?

Had a look at a few coach hire websites. If we were to get the numbers it could end up costing us each about the same as the train price above with the added advantage of going home when we dictate. Only down side is we would require 14 -15 people. I know we could get that with time, however with such a short period of time this could tend to be a little more difficult.

Edited by SaintDougie

Hey you guys,

My year abroad in Deutschland is coming to an end and I'll be back in Edinburgh as of the weekend-buzzing to start watching the SPL again after taking in a fair few Bundesliga games here.... :roll:

Joking aside I'm obviously planning on watching the mighty saints play in Europe again next Thursday and would happily travel with you guys; by train or mini bus so count me in. I'm sure I'd be able to persuade one or two of my friends to come along as well but would need to confirm.

See you guys soon,

Rory.

Bus would be circa £150 for a 15 seater with cost being split, does that work for everyone? Also, would leaving at 4.30 be an issue? Means we'd still miss traffic.

works for me, but cant confirm until tomorrow to see if i can get off work early.

Where is it leaving from though?

Bus would be circa £150 for a 15 seater with cost being split, does that work for everyone? Also, would leaving at 4.30 be an issue? Means we'd still miss traffic.

West End, somewhere like Queensferry street or something. But open to suggestions.

All of the above works for me Marc.

Would we be able to pick up the two guys I mentioned at Dalgety Bay Park & Ride?