St Johnstone F.c. Hall Of Fame

AthensSaint

Yul,

I would like to nominate Jimmy The Ballboy Manager as a contender for the Hall of Fame. Now, I know that there will be some famous names thrown in to the ring over the next few months, Mr Ormond sir, Brogie, Big Drew, A. Main, Henry H, JC, Jim Pearson, Sergie  etc etc. BUT i want to vote for the category that applauds people connected with the club rather than playing. Of course lots of people have outwith managing /playing made huge contributions. BUT from the early beginnings of my era being a saints fan, nobody represents the best connection between the fans and the club more than Jimmy The Ballboy. The fantastic thing is that regardless of "just" being the ballboy manager, he is us. Long live St. Johnstone Football Club.       

Edited by AthensSaint

Yul,

I would like to nominate Jimmy The Ballboy Manager as a contender for the Hall of Fame. Now, I know that there will be some famous names thrown in to the ring over the next few months, Mr Ormond sir, Brogie, Big Drew, A. Main, Henry H, JC, Jim Pearson, Sergie  etc etc. BUT i want to vote for the category that applauds people connected with the club rather than playing. Of course lots of people have out with managing /playing have made huge contributions. BUT from my the early beginning of my era nobody represents the best connection between the fans and the club more than Jimmy The Ballboy. The fantastic thing is that regardless of "just" being the ballboy manager, he is us. Long live St. Johnstone Football Club.       

Agree totally.

Gordon, I hope this isn't just going to be done on a crude online poll for the WAP contributions. Do not under estimate how important that this is. 

AthensSaint.

Not at all John. What will happen (shortly) is that I will post part of the message from the official site plus some stuff relevant to Wap and invite those whop cannot vote in person at the Ross County game to submit there  votes to me via private message. I will then transfer there votes  onto the same ballot papers that are being used for collecting nominations at the Ross County game.. It will be done  in a professional and efficient  way.

Aggie and Jimmy Ballboy are worthy of a "Special Recognition", not sure about hall of fame.... but with geoff brown the first inductee the club has set the acceptance criteria outside of playing staff.................so why not! Mon the JImmy Ballboy.....

In no way is this limited to  just players. It is open to anyone who  people think has contributed to St.Johnstone FC and  their history :wink:

It will always be players who will get the most votes. My earlier post was made just to highlight the contribution made by those behind the scenes (eg Mary Gibson(?)  Aggie's predecessor as tea lady who was there for 25 years or more and was more than likely a shoulder to cry on for generations of players.

We know who the great players are. So do they. But the Hall of Fame is also an opportunity to thank those who went largely unrecognises, yet who made the club what it is.

It will be the clubs perogative to induct anyone they want to at anytime TF, so I think that there may well be  inductees who were not players.  You are right that by asking the fans, the likelyhood is THEY will only nominate players but the  number of inductees may vary and  not always be put out to a fans vote. If you feel strongly about someone then I suggest you email the club and  make your feelings known.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to have a mini chortle.

Who gave Yul admin rights ??? He has one thread up and running and within less than 24 hours and seven posts - three of them by himself and he shuts it down - classic. I now appreciate the existing moderators patience more :wink:  

The boy has had a few toys out of pram moments on here. My advice -  get yer blood pressure checked.

Who gave Yul admin rights ??? He has one thread up and running and within less than 24 hours and seven posts - three of them by himself and he shuts it down - classic. I now appreciate the existing moderators patience more :wink:  

The boy has had a few toys out of pram moments on here. My advice -  get yer blood pressure checked.

he has shut loads of threads in the past when he doesnae like it.very sad.in keeping with the thread title. i  don't vote for the big yul  man in the hall of fame maybe more the hall of delete.

watch this thread getting deleted now.

:eek: 

WTF are you gibbering aboot.  The thread was  only opened to inform Wappers that if they wanted to  nominate online, that the club had put in a procedure to allow them to do so. The OP  set out how that was to be done and  those wappers who wanted to be part of the nomination process have  followed the  instruction and their nominations have been forwarded to Saints..

I have no admin rights on this part of the forum and a kindly Mod did the job for me.. There is another thread, started by someone, I forget who, where wappers can discuss the HOF situation.

As for  toys oot of parm, this  cannot be done as the pram seems occupied at this time by yourself. And finally, I don't have blood in my veins,I have  liquid steel.....

I hope this adresses any and all of your concerns Sailorboy.

YUL. :cool:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

he has shut loads of threads in the past when he doesnae like it.very sad.in keeping with the thread title. i  don't vote for the big yul  man in the hall of fame maybe more the hall of delete.

watch this thread getting deleted now.

:eek:

I missed this. If I had seen it I might have mentioned the Fud Brothers.  Have a nice day now :laugh:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Who has the final say in who gets inducted, is it down to the club, or does it go to a vote ?.

The club will have the final say but as far as possible will be lead by the nominations. There are things to be taken into account in regard to contacting either  former employees or in other cases family members of  Saints legends who are sadly no longer with us.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...