Question From Norway.

Nidaros

Hey, just another Norwegian occupying ur forum  :laugh:

I was wondering how you act on stadium. Is it the typical british style with chants like every 20 minutes, or are you inspirated by the East-europeans?

The Rosenborg fans "Kjernen" is without a doubt the best fans in norway, and is inspired by the balkan fans. It is drums, and singing non-stop. It will not be as good on thursday because of low interest. copying in a link of Kjernen aswell. 

Hoping for answers :)

-  Away-match

-  Home-match

:eek:  

Hey, just another Norwegian occupying ur forum  :laugh:

I was wondering how you act on stadium. Is it the typical british style with chants like every 20 minutes, or are you inspirated by the East-europeans?

The Rosenborg fans "Kjernen" is without a doubt the best fans in norway, and is inspired by the balkan fans. It is drums, and singing non-stop. It will not be as good on thursday because of low interest. copying in a link of Kjernen aswell. 

Hoping for answers :)

-  Away-match

-  Home-match

:eek:  

no fuelled by alcohol.pack rule ya bass.

St Johnstone are poorly supported in a country where supporting Rangers or Celtic because they win everything domestically is more common than supporting your local team. It's pathetic, but it's a fact.

However, of the 3000 or so regular fans, there is a loyal core that will sing their hearts out and be very vocally supportive of the team. The atmosphere in Saints away support is great, even if its only 200-300 folk.

The away support in Trondheim will make A LOT OF NOISE.

Wish I was there :(

I look forward to hearing some great supporters then !

You guys have to live up to Legia Warszawa, who visited us in the last round last year.

They actually climbed up to the VIP- area and tried to smash in the windows at the stadium.

I look forward to hearing some great supporters then !

You guys have to live up to Legia Warszawa, who visited us in the last round last year.

They actually climbed up to the VIP- area and tried to smash in the windows at the stadium.

now that would go down well at mcdiarmid - do you think the stewards would sheet their pants

Edited by soupy76

Aye, heard the away fans once every 10 min or so. Nothing wrong with that, but you'd imagine they owned the stands judging by some of the comments. That is pretty far from the truth. I'd consider it a little disappointing, especially when you look at the numbers. 

Enjoy tonight and the coming week, we'll be back...

They were somewhat disappointing given that they seemed to outnumber the singing home supporters in the upper east stand (I read that 109 tickets had been sold yesterday or early today). They easily beat the home supporters on volume the few times they really seemed to try, mainly whenever Saints won a corner in the second half. But lots of deserved credit to Kjernen, who have been doing a great job this year, never seeming to tire, even when they are few in numbers and the team is putting on a dire performance, like today!

It's all down to different supporter cultures, I guess. Kjernen have chosen to adopt an southern/eastern European style, where a smaller number of supporters put in an incredible effort, rather than the British style, where the atmosphere is spread somewhat more evenly around, and is less organized.

You still brought an impressive amount of supporters, and from what I've heard, they've been a credit to you all (I'm not in town myself).

You aren't gonna bring us down boys! Mibbes the acoustics in your stadium are shitey?

The home supporters are in a better position for the sound to spread across the stadium, near the roof of a stand, but its hard to say how it affects the sound on TV, as I know nothing about microphone placement or the sound mixing utilised. Since i did hear the away supporters over the home supporters from time to time, I must assume the mixing wasn't all that biased.

It's similar to the sets of supporters in Norway who have chosen to adopt a more British supporter culture, in that the highs are very impressive, but there are more frequent silent streaks in between, whereas Kjernen/UN have people working incredibly hard to avoid those, and maintaining a constant noise level.

On the stream I had I thought both sets of supporters were magnificent.  I would never have guessed there was only just over 5000 there. 

I wasn't at the stadium today, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are the most vocal visiting supporters we've had this year.

Seems a wee bit of bad loser  attitude  appearing here. all I can say is  GIRUY.  The guy who called Saints lucky could not have seen the game.. St.Johnstone WERE the better side on the night.

I though yer average Norwegian was a sound bloke. seems , going by the fuds on here that I was wrong.. Anyway, cya all next week :wink:  all week.

I though yer average Norwegian was a sound bloke. seems , going by the fuds on here that I was wrong.. Anyway, cya all next week :wink:  all week.

Come on. Surely you realise how easy it is to flip that right back at you? About as reasonable as me having a dig through some Old Firm forum and basing my impression of Scottish people off that.