St Johnstone V Rosenborg July 25Th 2Nd Leg Eq Rnd 2

rik2304

There was a point in the game I never got to fully reflect on at the time but did anyone else see Mannus fumble a cross near the end of the game?

He palmed it down and ended up grabbing Wrights head into his glove before realising the ball was in front of him and pouncing on it.

Superb comedy.

Every single one of the players last night was a hero and worked so hard. Cregg and Wotherspoon were particularly magnificent and hard working. I will remember that night for the rest of my life regardless of what happens for the rest of the season or in the next round(s). 

For all the people from Perth who have just picked Sevco, Celtic, Man United or Chelsea to follow because they were winning, you will never know what it feels like to truly love the club and see a night like this. Magnificent!

Voice is still in bits but very happy. The response we have had from other clubs has also been really good to hear.

Agreed. Was reading through some of the comments on BBC Sport last night and many, many messages of congratulations from fans of other Scottish teams as well as from further afield

glad i took today off  :mrgreen:  all morning watching the highlights and reading all the great stuff about our great club..best quote so far from Stevie May "it was a nothing ball but i just chased it and threw my leg round it" love it :laugh:

big up for all the folk that came up the Tulloch after game for the Kasbah beat Surrender...hopefully have 4 more big Thursdays in the weeks & months ahead...keep the faith

There was a point in the game I never got to fully reflect on at the time but did anyone else see Mannus fumble a cross near the end of the game?

He palmed it down and ended up grabbing Wrights head into his glove before realising the ball was in front of him and pouncing on it.

Superb comedy.

Ye but his save just seconds later was a great block. Paddy maybe got MOM but we had some great performances all round the park 

or all the people from Perth who have just picked Sevco, Celtic, Man United or Chelsea to follow because they were winning, you will never know what it feels like to truly love the club and see a night like this. Magnificent!

Brilliant point Steve.  You have to experience the lows to really appreciate nights like last night.  It will NEVER be a better time to be a Saintee.  Believe me, I remember the Alec Lamond - Ian Gibson years pre Totten.  Only slightly worse than Jackie Stewart who destroyed King Willie's brilliant team.

Aye aye aye aye

We are the Crazy Young Saints

Wherever we go, we fear no foe

Cos we are the Crazy Young Saints

Aye aye aye aye

Donaldson's better than Yashin

John Connolly's better than Eusebio

But Henry is better than anyone, anyone, anyone, anyone

Jim 

Overall Rosenborg came across like a bunch of complacent fannies over the two legs.

In the first legs they were always pulling shirts and snapping at heels, but then tried to act furious when some of the tired Saints challenges went in.

That boy Dorsin had an absolute mare, letting May in for the goal and passing to Mannus with his 1v1, most unfortunate

It seemed to me that Rosenberg were unhappy and started a bit of pushing after the final whistle.

May well have been, they were very easy to wind up. The ref did very well with his cautions to keep a couple of them in check.

*edit - spot on actually Andrew - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5034404/Eureka-League.html

"Rosenborg didn’t expect to lose this tie and their frustrations bubbled over at the end as huffy Dorsin got involved in a shoving match with Steven MacLean, but that couldn’t spoil the celebrations."

Edited by garydavidson

May well have been, they were very easy to wind up. The ref did very well with his cautions to keep a couple of them in check.

*edit - spot on actually Andrew - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5034404/Eureka-League.html

"Rosenborg didn’t expect to lose this tie and their frustrations bubbled over at the end as huffy Dorsin got involved in a shoving match with Steven MacLean, but that couldn’t spoil the celebrations."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-johnstone/234144-watch-highlights-of-st-johnstones-historic-win-over-rosenborg/

It's towards the end of this video.

What a great week it's been to be a Saints fan. Can't believe last night actually happened, even watching the highlights I still expect Dorsin to clear the ball or for the keeper to come and collect. Dreamland doesn't even cover it.

I also enjoyed Fallon's acrobatic defensive moment near the end, just the sort of attitude we needed on the night.

Only minor downside was my car ending up with a little damage as either someone felt it would be a great idea to just kick it while I was in the queue to leave or there was a fight right beside it and my car got in the way....all I saw was some lad wearing the new away top running away (nae idea if he was involved or not). Either way I'm glad I didn't have my kids with me as the impact would have scared the life out of them and I hope if there was a fight that nobody is to badly hurt.

However this can't take the shine of my best night as a Saints fan.