Its Time To Name & Shame

the mad referee

I thought it (the sign) was a nice reminder of our European history and a wee stab at vaguely ironic humour. Maybe not, but hey, not going to get the club a fine. 

As long as you are not hurting the club you can show your passion for Saints in any way you like and you won't get any kind of sneer from me. 

Doesn't matter if you are 16 stone and wearing the club strip on holiday, take a stupid sign to the game or have a Roddy Grant tattoo, I'm proud of the lot of us Saintees!

Edited by Pop

Whats the difference between a flare + a smokebomb? The blue smoke I saw last night was harmless in my eyes,iv seen the flares of Turkish teams and they are completely different+potentially dangerous.Ok so maybe theres a few idiots in that section but they made some noise from start to finish.Why do we have to insult or abuse others for being different???  WE ARE ALL SAINTEES + WE WERE ALL YOUNG ONCE.I WOULD RATHER THEY WERE THERE THAN NOT THERE.

Glad your back Abernethy. Been in the gaol or summat?

Thanks mate. You know how it is - real life takes over for a bit sometimes. Wasn't all that well. Much better now, and me and the Beloved made it in last night, which was just beyond braw. The site seems much more mellow now; really enjoyed catching up. 

Thanks mate. You know how it is - real life takes over for a bit sometimes. Wasn't all that well. Much better now, and me and the Beloved made it in last night, which was just beyond braw. The site seems much more mellow now; really enjoyed catching up.

Good stuff. Bet last night was a good tonic. :)

Good stuff. Bet last night was a good tonic. :)

Certainly was. Had a few tonics in the 208 and at McD beforehand; possibly too many. Ours was the first car in the car park, and we were about the last to actually go into the ground! What a night though. Throat's ripped to shreds.

Oops sorry, bit off-topic.

I think a bit of smoke and running on the pitch on certain footy occasions is brilliant - but others have pointed out that UEFA unfortunately don't agree. I presume that, with that crowd last night, Saints probably turned some sort of profit. Even a moderate fine could wipe that out. So why don't the young lads on here just say something along the lines of "well it should be allowed but it isn't and could cost Saints a lot so we won't do it again you boring old farts" and then all the talk could be about how brilliant that part of the crowd was - they really did get things going and keep it going.

As I've said, they were pony smoke bombs...not even real flares.

Dylan et al should get a slap for muggy standards.

If you want to be a hoolie, bring it...proper, not some fishing tackle two bob lidl smoke bomb.

--------------------------------------------------------

I threw a bog-roll when I was 14 or so going at a hereford united - newport county game (we lived down south for a couple of years). 

Was a good throw, didn't properly stream, had about 2 feet of trail and hit a bobby much to the delight of the crowd. I spent the whole game hiding on the terrace as his eyes seem to follow me for 90 minutes wherever I was standing.

Yes, I was a Dylan once. Would probably have had its own thread on here and I'd be getting threatened with EU jail time.  :shock:

It was a great night to be a saintee

The youngsters who quite a lot of people are slating helped to create a fantastic atmosphere

Most of these lads turn up each game to support their team

I sat in the north stand and what I could see was stewards doing their best to antogonise our supporters

Lets stop the bickering and look to the season ahead

Where I was sitting a few seats were broken in the aftermath of the goal not vandalised just people getting over excited and standing on them to celebrate. Bit of an over reaction to the smoke bombs yes fair enough the club might get a fine & people moaning about two folk on the pitch after the game fair enough they were asked not too but if I recall nobody seemed to object to hundreds running on the pitch after Morton & Motherwell games in Perth? I'll hold my hands up and say I was far from the club best ambassador have had too make a lot of apologise this morning after the state I was in. So think people need to have a bit of reality about them & realise sometime these things are going to happen in the hole there wasn't any real trouble & there was a great crowd and atmosphere the best at McDiarmid in 10-15 years. 

Regarding the seats yes some will get broke now and then,over zealous fans jumping around or standing on seats,of course accidents will happen,more so on occasions like last night but if its done out of malice then the culprits do need to be dealt with.Im sure saints have spare seats lying about so depending on how many then the cost of replacement shouldnt be much if anything at all.Aye i know its not the point but i really dont want this turning into another stupid petty arguement when the likes of the smokebomb matter is still ongoing !

The easy answer to all this is for the lads who went on the pitch and the folks with the smoke bombs come forward and offer to play the fine saints get...assuming we get one.

Form an orderly queue ;-)

I would have thought the likelihood is a warning from UEFA, next we may not be so lucky however.

I know its not good the seats were broken & its going to cost money to fix.

Although the club dont exactly need to replace them? its not as if we fill them!!

The club can move the plastic bit from another seat at the end of a row somewhere into the seats that are broken. dont need to buy fresh seats

Also the smoke bomb and the morons on the pitch was so little and pathetic i dont even see the club hearing from UEFA regarding it

Edited by PerthSeany

I suspect the sign was yours going by your defence of it.

It said WELCOME TO HELL at the bottom. A hell of blue smoke, balloons(!) and half-cut teenagers.

===================

wasn't it "are you watching dundee scum"?

You the man BTW! :)

I know its not good the seats were broken & its going to cost money to fix.

Although the club dont exactly need to replace them? its not as if we fill them!!

The club can move the plastic bit from another seat at the end of a row somewhere into the seats that are broken. dont need to buy fresh seats

Also the smoke bomb and the morons on the pitch was so little and pathetic i dont even see the club hearing from UEFA regarding it

Should bring back the cardboard fans from the Ormond stand to cover any broken seats  

Celtic were charged within 24 hours so could be nothing coming. The smoke bombs although I am loathe to call them bombs probably came before the observer and ref were out. The clowns on the pitch at the end were probably missed because of the little fracas between the players. The steward may just have nabbed the he half wit at the goal quick enough.

All of this if correct is down more to good luck than good judgement though.

Edited by john1962