Minsk V St Johnstone 1 August 1St Leg Eq Rnd 3

andrew

Anyone heard any more about whether or not we'll get radio commentary?  Last I heard (via Jim Spence) was that they were in talks yesterday to provide commentary - and are all set up to do so (with Spencey commentating and Rodders providing the co-commentary).  That would be tremendous.  Will send Spencey a tweet to see if it's going to happen

Jim

BBC Sportsound said this morning that they are still in negotiations.

Edited by john1962

BBC Sportsound said this morning that they are still in negotiations.

Yep - still seems to be the case - reply below to my tweet to Richard Gordon this afternoon:

@jeccles621 @bbcjimspence From what I gather we have been attempting to negotiate rights since last week but no word from Belarus end as yet

Yep - still seems to be the case - reply below to my tweet to Richard Gordon this afternoon:

Richard Gordon@RichardGordon4829m

@jeccles621 @bbcjimspence From what I gather we have been attempting to negotiate rights since last week but no word from Belarus end as yet

So let's just hope that Richard Gordon maintains good contact with the Bel end.

Don't want to speak for StevenSan, but maybe he finds it worth commenting that a Filipino passport gets you quicker access to a European country than a UK passport, or maybe that people in the same family can have different access rights. [Edit: in other words, I don't think he's claiming that we should have priority]

The visa situation is also crazy for me the sense that - in my experience - the Belarus Govt is even more worried about their own nationals leaving the country and coming to the UK than they are about visitors. 

Maybe the better word was 'surprised', rather than crazy, as yes, truefaith, thats why I commented.  A Filipino passport is about as good as useless (it took 2 months to get her a tourist visa to the UK despite the fact we've been married close to 5 years! and it would be easier for a Hungarian/Filipina couple to settle in the UK than it would be for me to move back there with her!!)

Yet in this case the tables are turned and a Filipino passport would have been more use.  She's now jokingly saying if I learnt the local language, applied for citizen ship, and gave up by UK passport I could have been the only Saintee in Belarus... I say jokingly as there is no way she'd have let me spent the 2000usd airfare to get there!!!

Got to say I feel the fans are a little overconfident. I hope I'm wrong though but I have no idea what to expect. However, I got the feeling that playing a big physical team like Rosenborg suited us. Where we've come a cropper in the past is against technical and quick players. I'm not sure what this team will be like but if they are more technical than Rosenborg then we may have some difficulties. I'm sure our lads will be well drilled though but I'd be happy with a score draw!