St Johnstone Vs Minsk 8Th August 3Rd Rd

David123

I would start with Nige on the left and Wotherspoon on the right.

Spoony has shown that he will work back and Nige so far this season has shown that he can work back and fight for the ball when the mood takes him. Cregg and MacDonald in the middle give you that defensive side of midfield as neither push forward too much. We also have two good full-backs on the pitch, neither of who need any extra protection.

Get Nige and Spoony running at them from the off, getting free kicks in dangerous positions and get that early goal.

If we reach a point in the game where we have a two goal cushion and we decide to protect that, then bring Millar and possibly Miller /  Caddis on (especially if Nige and spoony have run themselves into the ground

I'd go with this team

Mannus

Dave Gaz Fraz Scobb

Midge McDonald Murray Cregg Spoony

May

Hard to leave Maclean out but we might do

Don't think we should play wee nige as he is not very good at getting back and they're best on the counter attack.

Maybe stick macca on the right instead of midge huh

It won't be that team, that's for sure.  McLean and Anderson will play if fit.

On the eve of another big European night for St Johnstone, the club looks for another great vocal backing like the team enjoyed against Rosenborg two weeks ago. However, we would like to reiterate to supporters the need for the backing to stay within the confines of the law.

Prior to the game against the Norwegians we twice published appeals for fans not to risk the club’s unblemished record with UEFA for things such as pyrotechnics or pitch incursions.

Sadly and frustratingly, that appeal went unheeded by a very small minority of the fantastic support that night and the club has been fortunate that the decision by one or two individuals to indulge in just those activities has not had repercussions for the club.

The club also wishes to make the many well-behaved fans who were at the game that night aware that the same group of people were responsible for 48 broken seats in one area of the East Stand which have now been repaired at great expense and inconvenience to the club.

We want vocal backing. We want noise. We want atmosphere. But we want it created in a manner which does not spoil the night for other spectators, which causes damage, which risks trouble for the club and which damages the name of the club and the City of Perth.

The Club are working hard with Police Scotland and G4S Security to eliminate this risk and are grateful to the individuals who provided us with the names of some of those involved two weeks ago. Rest assured, that the Club is not prepared to sit back and allow a small minority to spoil things for the majority at a Europa League game or any other fixture.

Kind of feel sorry for anyone who gets banned, because I'm pretty sure that they only had pyro to say GIRUY to the folk who asked them not to - that's the way kids act from time to time.  I don't believe any of it was malicious, just pretty stupid.  However, a club like Saints, trying to attract a younger generation to support the team, and make progress on the park can't afford to have incidents that will put parents off from bringing kids, or risk the club getting sanctioned by UEFA/SFA.

I really wish folk like Dylan and his mates had thought about why they were asked not to have pyro or come onto the pitch instead of trying to fight back against everyone.  We are all Saints fans, not the bloody enemy all the time.

48 seats? Wow. Wonder if anyone offered to pay for the damage?

To their credit, they did bring a great atmosphere to the ground and it would be a shame to see that disappear. But they could do that just the same without crappy smoke bombs and running on the pitch.

Even though the majority of the broken seats were in our section I don't believe these were done on purpose and it wouldn't have been the only section of the ground to be affected

And your trying to tell me if you were getting trampled on when we scored your first thought would be "oh watch out for the seat"

Edited by Dylan-Saints

Still can't believe someone tipped the club or the police off about potential trouble makers.. absolute disgrace IMO. For an 18 year old to get a visit from the Police at his home when nothing has happened and he had said beforehand he wouldn't be causing any trouble is shocking.

Whoever it was.. you are a DISGRACE!!!

Police gave me a visit before last home game just to warn me not to do anything stupid, I never done anything so got nothing to worry about

fair enough, but what would you think if others let off smoke bombs or run onto the pitch, do you understand where the club are coming from on this? 

Still can't believe someone tipped the club or the police off about potential trouble makers.. absolute disgrace IMO. For an 18 year old to get a visit from the Police at his home when nothing has happened and he had said beforehand he wouldn't be causing any trouble is shocking.

Whoever it was.. you are a DISGRACE!!!

Pretty sure the person would have to know his name and where he lives so likely knows him. Bet it was his pals on an ultimate trolling mission :wink:

Edited by SaintDougie

In all seriousness though, setting off pyro when asked not to is one thing but smashing 48 seats in our own Stadium? What the F*** is the point in that?

Don't try and tell me that doing this creates an atmosphere!

Pretty sure the seats were broken by folk jumping on them after the goal - not intentionally.  Pretty sure the club were aware of the suggestions from young Dylan that he would be bringing pyro before he then (sensibly) said he wouldn't after criticism on here.  

While folk have acted out of line here, and Dylan has been a bit of a nob in some of the things he has posted, he's getting the brunt of the blame for something he ultimately didn't do.

Pretty sure he won't be bringing pyro to the Minsk game.