Saints V Ross County 17/8/13

That was the best performance I have seen since coming to McDiarmid, thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. Everyone played their part, great passing, movement, determination, skill and creativity. Four great goals and could have easily been seven or eight. Admittedly County were dreadful hardly noticed Brittain was playing apart from the great amount of stick he was getting, was great to put one up him and Adams. Banks looks a good deputy for Mannus and his kicking was possibly even better Cuptie spent so much time attacking and loved the free kick. Wright and Anderson seem to have developed a really good understanding and three clean sheets in a row is testament to how solid we look at the back given last season we had a spell when we could not buy a clean sheet. Scobbie has improved leaps and bounds from last year and is getting better with each match.

Murray was immense today and looked back to his best, love Cregg and the way he maintains possession or snaps to win it back, Spoony and Nigel demonstrated sublime skill and vision, pass from Nige which put Murray through top drawer. McLean is an unsung hero of mine, excellent link up man and holds the ball up really well bringing others into play. Stevie May terrorised their back four with his clever runs, pace and strength.

Guys seemed well up for it today and looked to be really enjoying themselves. One very happy Saintee tonight.

Not a weak link in the team today and not often we will hear that.

I'd say that perhaps the only player that looked a bit shakey was Banks. His kicking was at times a little suspect and he looked reluctant to come off his line. Hopefully this is simply a result of not playing regularly but the defence will have gotten used to Mannus and his reliable kicking a decision making.

There were a few moments today where the defence were expecting Banks to come and collect and if we were playing against a team that could actually play football we may have been in a little trouble. Hate to give anyone criticism after such a great performance but Banks is showing signs of not having played competitively for a while and hopefully it doesn't cost us in our next few games.

That was a joy to watch. Top class football that would not have been out of place in any top league in the world. Flicks, tricks, passing, top class goals and just wonderful movement from our forward players.

The defence were solid also which gives you a foundation to attack.

When paddy cregg and Murray Davidson are on form they are a terrifying prospect for any opposition. Absolutely solid ball winners.

My impression is that discipline is better this season. Any stats to back this up?

Don't have the stats but agree. I think it's the result of better man management from Tommy - Lomas was a headless chicken in that department and it often transferred to the players.

In Tommy we trust

Was really nervous before the game...could have been the proverbial banana skin! Thought it was a great team effort with some sublime individual performances! My team just keep on surprising me!

We must hang on to May! He and Wotherspoon are priceless! £250,000 is an absolute joke, if we do end up accepting it I feel it will be false economy. How much would it cost to replace him with an equal? More than his price tag methinks!

Well done Saints...more of the same on Saturday....would just love to do the same to the Arabs at Tannadump!

COYS!

What a great start to this years race to the flag.

First 5 games last years saw us get two points. What a fantastic platform to build on already.

Playing the way we are we must have a good chance of getting to at least a cup semi final if not final and top 6 in the league.

Perth races made a difference of 2/300 to the crowd but good results, positive reviews and a goals plus tally will get folk coming back.

I felt pretty low after the Minsk game, yesterday was a fantastic high, looking forward to Saturday, should be a bumper travelling support.

ICT play Celtic, we could even go top, happy days.

My impression is that discipline is better this season. Any stats to back this up?

This season after three league games we have had the grand total of One Yellow Card

After three games lasts season we had picked up Six Yellow Cards and Two Red Cards, although two yellow cards contributed to one red as Vine got sent off for collecting two bookings

I know we played fantasticly well yesterday but to have the goalie in the championship as well as the premiership team of the day is pretty amazing. Banks did everything that he needed to do (which was very little) but surely there was a goalie who did more and therefore more deserving of a place Still, great to see 6 Saints players in the TOTD plus 1 in a division we don't even play in. Lazy journalism? 

Anyway great time to be a Saintee.......COYS

Sorry just noticed I never said Sunday Mail

Edited by ejksjfc