Dundee Utd V Saints 24/8/13

Keep the faith chaps. The season's 39 games not just 1

=======================================================

True but a continuation of our positive start might just have seen lapsed supporters taking an interest and returning to the game. Instead they're liable to be saying, same old same old. IMHO. However we'll have to wait and see if this is just a one off.

Edited by Indicator

Our rock solid defence suddenly looked absolutely awful.

Hasselbaink did a few decent runs and stepovers but no end product. Corners and free kicks were terrible.

I think we started with a formation that was too attacking. Macdonald should have been on from the start instead of may so 3 central midfielders could've shut down the game. You can't just pick the same team because they won last week. Ross county at home and dufc away are two very different games.

We just have to put this behind us.

Our rock solid defence suddenly looked absolutely awful.

Hasselbaink did a few decent runs and stepovers but no end product. Corners and free kicks were terrible.

I think we started with a formation that was too attacking. Macdonald should have been on from the start instead of may so 3 central midfielders could've shut down the game. You can't just pick the same team because they won last week. Ross county at home and dufc away are two very different games.

We just have to put this behind us.

Well thats how we beat them before the split with one up top

Working today was a blessing.. id be extremely grumpy if id been off work after watching that.

Saves me the pennies for next week!

Stevie Banks could have done better at the first and the third IMOP, He is not sharp enough for my liking which is understandable with the amount of games he has played. But until Manuss is fit i think we would be as well going with Zander, It gives him games and i do not think it would have been any more than it was.     

Stevie Banks could have done better at the first and the third IMOP, He is not sharp enough for my liking which is understandable with the amount of games he has played. But until Manuss is fit i think we would be as well going with Zander, It gives him games and i do not think it would have been any more than it was.     

Zander is just coming back from injury. BBC had banks down with a few good saves and called one of them stunning.

Edited by garydavidson

Disagree re Banks. Don't think there was much he could do plus 2 of their goals took a deflection. He also pulled off 2 good saves. Bad day at the office for us today, heads went down at goal no 2 and we didn't create much. We were better when we tried to keep the ball on the deck and when we ran at them. Our defence was poor today. Utd deserved the win. Need to move on, work hard in training. Corners and free kicks were poor today. So lets pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and get back to winning ways.

Back from the game, still hard to believe that was a four nil game. I'ts easy to criticise Wright for his tactics today but we came out and were playing some lovely stuff. You can't account for the horrid deflection that gave them there first goal, Banks would have had it all the way. Even a goal down we still looked fairly composed and liable to get a goal back. It just seemed that united got every break of the ball going. Then we seemed to lose confidence started to play longer balls. Banks made an arse and didn't commit to coming for a ball that should have been his and the rest is history.

I'm dissapointment but positive we'll bounce back, was just one of those days like the Minsk game when you realise it's not meant to be

Back from the game, still hard to believe that was a four nil game. I'ts easy to criticise Wright for his tactics today but we came out and were playing some lovely stuff. You can't account for the horrid deflection that gave them there first goal, Banks would have had it all the way. Even a goal down we still looked fairly composed and liable to get a goal back. It just seemed that united got every break of the ball going. Then we seemed to lose confidence started to play longer balls. Banks made an arse and didn't commit to coming for a ball that should have been his and the rest is history.

I'm dissapointment but positive we'll bounce back, was just one of those days like the Minsk game when you realise it's not meant to be

Couldn't agree more. We started so strongly and it wasn't until the third went in that we looked poor. Hasselbaink was tremendous 1st half.

I have every confidence in Tommy Wright and our squad. On to next week, I can't wait.

We started off brightly and I thought we were the better side in the first 20 minutes. We were creating opportunities but, as is somewhat familiar, doing nothing with them. I thought that Hasselbaink and Davidson were our stand-outs in the first half. United's first two goals arguably came a little bit out of the blue, but it was plain sailing for them from the moment they went 2-0 up. We seemed to lose all confidence. Our defending was very nervy and the team struggled to put two passes together at times. A remarkable comedown from last week's display.

I wouldn't blame Banks for the scoreline. The first goal took a nasty deflection and the rest were well-taken. Well done to United on their victory, but I am still confident that we will finish above them come the end of the season.

Also, I was told that, with my student card, I had to enter a different turnstile from the one that my dad had used. Once I had entered Tannadice through the turnstile they directed me to, I realised that I was at the lower level of seats and my dad was at the upper level. The stewards said that nothing could be done about this and didn't allow me to move up to the top. So we had to watch this depressing match by ourselves. Poor fare from the stewards. 

Stewards are a joke as usual. Actively trying to find reasons to fling folk out. Especially moustache boy.

Re. the game, a strange result. First goal was poorly defended but took a stinker of a deflection, Banks had no chance. The second was a decent finish into the corner. Couldn't really see the third, but at that stage we'd been the better side and were 3-0 down. Anothe deflected shot was well saved by Banks.

The 4th goal took another wicked deflection right into the corner. Nothing would fall for us I front of goal, despite Nigel, May and MacLean chasing everything.

Not surprised the heads went down after the 3rd and 4th goals.

Bounce back next week, and just put this down to one of those days.

Good noise from the Saints fans - 4-0 and you still don't sing was a good one!