Mcdairmid Park Smoking Area

saint sid

Isn't it about time we had an area where us smokers could enjoy a smoke?

I for one have been put off going to games at the thought of spending 2 hours without a smoke because of this nazi style policy or sneaking around the toilets at half time like a t***.

I recon it would encourage more fans to turn up as well as fans being able to have a more healthy half time piss.

So waken up anti smoking nazi's of McDairmid and get a few more fans back.

Some ideas for this would be- fence off an area outside like they do at large concerts or create an area at the base of the floodlights.

And before anyone says we would need more stewards for this, we dont because we could use the one's that lurk around the toilets like fanny's.

I have even seen a copper in the toilets at half time ffs, how much do they cost?

Isn't it about time we had an area where us smokers could enjoy a smoke?

I for one have been put off going to games at the thought of spending 2 hours without a smoke because of this nazi style policy or sneaking around the toilets at half time like a t***.

I recon it would encourage more fans to turn up as well as fans being able to have a more healthy half time piss.

So waken up anti smoking nazi's of McDairmid and get a few more fans back.

Some ideas for this would be- fence off an area outside like they do at large concerts or create an area at the base of the floodlights.

And before anyone says we would need more stewards for this, we dont because we could use the one's that lurk around the toilets like fanny's.

I have even seen a copper in the toilets at half time ffs, how much do they cost?

Why should I have to breathe in the smoke and come home stinking just because some people cannot wait 2 hours to feed their horrible habit?

People are allowed to exit the stadium at half tiome to smoke anyways so only 45 mins they need to wait

welcome back sid.

i totally agree with you and i don't smoke anymore.under the floodlights sounds a braw idea .bring it up with the secret seven of which its no so secret anymore because i ken ghostie is one.mind you so is the lark sometimes i believe.

did ye know that if you are in with the hospitality they let ye out and back for smokes at half time.the average fan doesnt have this option.

time to zap the nicotine nazis and allow the smokers an area to enjoy a puff.

Why should I have to breathe in the smoke and come home stinking just because some people cannot wait 2 hours to feed their horrible habit?

People are allowed to exit the stadium at half tiome to smoke anyways so only 45 mins they need to wait

You don't have to breath in anything if you stay in the ground.

SLF makes a fantastic point here. I'm sick fed up with the sanctimonious minority keeping me away from pubs, football grounds and eveywhere else that you care to mention. A smoking area provided outside the ground would without doubt boost numbers of paying supporters. I used to look forward to going to Ross county simply because I could get a smoke inside the ground at half time. Not once have I been allowed to leave the main stand at a home game. Moan like a pansy all you want, but this does keep smokers away and robs the club of cash for the sake of pleasing the nanny state lovers.

You may choose not to smoke but I choose to do as I see fit for myself. Farts, B.O. and poncey aftershave smell a lot worse than a wee bit of ciggy smoke. Never witnessed anyone being thrown out for being a fat smelly barsteward but there are plenty of them at McD.

Farts,  BO poncey aftershave dosent kill you though.

But I agree there should be a area for smokers to go to

Saturated fats kill but there's a pie hut in every stand. Alcohol kills but there's a bar under the main stand. Sports injuries cost the NHS millions every year but millions more are ploughed into promoting participation. Cyclists are a major cause of frustration to normal people but we're not allowed to run the fekkers over. I could go on and on and on.....

Edited by Saintollie

please do

STDs kill but we would all rather have a dip than crack one off.

I'm old enough and grumpy enough to remember Roddy begging smokes in the back bar of the 208 after the Airdrie game way back in the mists of time. He survived! Get him on the case and name the smokers corner in his honour.

Edited by Saintollie

You don't have to breath in anything if you stay in the ground.

SLF makes a fantastic point here. I'm sick fed up with the sanctimonious MAJORITY keeping me away from pubs, football grounds and eveywhere else that you care to mention.

Corrected that for you.  :wink:

Edited by Born2Bru

STDs kill but we would all rather have a dip than crack one off.

I'm old enough and grumpy enough to remember Roddy begging smokes in the back bar of the 208 after the Airdrie game way back in the mists of time. He survived! Get him on the case and name the smokers corner in his honour.

Would they let you in with a HOOKAH instead ?

Don't understand why they cant have some kind of barrier at the south end of the East Stand, therefore allowing people out the exits (or just one exit at north end even) to smoke in the area between the East Stand and the fence. If just the one gate at north end then a barrier there would do

Because St Johnstone would be seen as condoning smoking, would have a responsibility to put an official in the area, and would have to clean up the mess afterwards.  Why create work for themselves.

The simple fact is that smoking laws will become stricter and more widespread as time goes on, unless UKIP get into power because Farage wants more relaxed smoking laws.  Looks like you're just going to have to get used to it.

it is for the best even tho it is very difficult for us smokers having to comply,but give it a generation or so,people wont think about it

Good post.  And admiration for anybody who can give up - not easy.