Mcdairmid Park Smoking Area

saint sid

I am not asking you to be near me when I smoke. I am happy not to smoke in the stadium ( well except the bogs of course)  I am asking for an outside smoking area( outside the ground..)

Hope that clarifies my position numbnuts.. :wink:

I suppose if you had a fag stuck in your gob it might shut you up for 5 mins or is that just wishing for too much :)

GASBAG!!!!

Smokers could sit in the away stand so we could wipe out the scumdee fans with our passive smoking

Their track marks appear to suggest they're working on wiping themselves out.

**This statement is made in jest and should not be interpreted as implying that all Dundonians are truly intravenous drug users**

You said HEAR attack hence the reason I replied - eh?

Is this sarcasm or just a spelling mistake? If this is your sense of humour I won't expect you to appear on live at the Apollo anytime soon

Oh sorry never realised that thanks for pointing that out it was both sarcasm and a spelling mistake. I would never make jokes up about someone having a heart attack not even someone i don't like. I would never wish for a footballer that i don't like to have a heart attack on the pitch halfway through a match i may not like someone but i would never wish that on anyone

Their track marks appear to suggest they're working on wiping themselves out.

**This statement is made in jest and should not be interpreted as implying that all Dundonians are truly intravenous drug users**

Top sarcasm Barty :laugh:

Oh sorry never realised that thanks for pointing that out it was both sarcasm and a spelling mistake. I would never make jokes up about someone having a heart attack not even someone i don't like. I would never wish for a footballer that i don't like to have a heart attack on the pitch halfway through a match i may not like someone but i would never wish that on anyone

not so top sarcasm mystery man, must do better  :P

you should stick to solving that mystery (even though everyone knows it was Toyah around about 1980)

the fat arse brigade are given special attention to hep in getting 'healthier',why not smokers?

saints have tried many ways to win fans back, some work a little bit, some work temporary,some don't work at all, i recon a smoking area is worth a shot though,and it WOULD bring some fans back.

the national smoking ban and the recession went hand in hand due to many a business going bust, mainly pubs suffered but so did football clubs and i for one would find 1 less reason not to go to McDiarmid park when im on the swither.

No doubt the club would get some shite in the press if they created a smoking area, however it might be worth them putting something on their website, or even some sort of poll on here to see if it might encourage some folk to go to the match who haven't gone in some time due to not being able to smoke.

No doubt the club would get some shite in the press if they created a smoking area, however it might be worth them putting something on their website, or even some sort of poll on here to see if it might encourage some folk to go to the match who haven't gone in some time due to not being able to smoke.

I can't believe that people are serious about this. Thank goodness common sense will prevail and it will never happen. Smokers are in general a very selfish lot. I hold numerous parties on my terrace. Never once seen a smoker clear up his disgusting, stinking mess before he goes. One of my pet hates is cleaning up there mess in the morning. Butts in plant pots, butts in half full cans of beer.disgusting.

I can't believe that people are serious about this. Thank goodness common sense will prevail and it will never happen. Smokers are in general a very selfish lot. I hold numerous parties on my terrace. Never once seen a smoker clear up his disgusting, stinking mess before he goes. One of my pet hates is cleaning up there mess in the morning. Butts in plant pots, butts in half full cans of beer.disgusting.

I hate smoking and the fact that you end up absolutely stinking when stood next to anyone smoking for any length of time.

However if this is something that could be beneficial for attendances then I don't see why they can't at least look into it. All it would take would be a relatively small area with a small amount of stewarding. As long as they put enough bins out for folk to chuck the butts in then there won't be a mess.

how many games will you go to this season? how much will this affect you in athens? you seem to have a very strong point of view about something that isn't going to affect you in the slightest, maybe you should have non smoking partys on your terrace and you wouldnt be so bitter.

how many games will you go to this season? how much will this affect you in athens? you seem to have a very strong point of view about something that isn't going to affect you in the slightest, maybe you should have non smoking partys on your terrace and you wouldnt be so bitter.

my sons will be there for every single home game. Thank goodness that Scotland has moved forward with health issues and they can attend McD without some stinking/honking smoker blowing dangerous fumes in their face. I do have strong views on my kids and on St Johnstone. You seem to be someone of a bygone age, some archiac relic that is probably well impressed that Scotland stands proud at the top of the league.....even if it is for cancer and heart disease.

my sons will be there for every single home game. Thank goodness that Scotland has moved forward with health issues and they can attend McD without some stinking/honking smoker blowing dangerous fumes in their face. I do have strong views on my kids and on St Johnstone. You seem to be someone of a bygone age, some archiac relic that is probably well impressed that Scotland stands proud at the top of the league.....even if it is for cancer and heart disease.

unless your sons are in the smoking area it won't affect them in the slightest, so stop being so nazi and dictator like from a bygone age, would your partys  on your terrace be down on attendance if you banned smoking?

If saints allow a smoking area and it attracts a few more punters, it needs to be balanced off against the stupid fvckers who smoke and die ten years younger therefore many season ticket holders will not be contributing for longer because they have died earlier.so best not the silly chunts to be encouraged to smoke at the footie. You know it makes sense.

Edited by AthensSaint