A Lackluster Murray Davidson

jfk

It was interesting to hear from a club physio about confidentiality.

If a player tells the physio he isn't fit the physio is not obliged to inform the manager. Quite the opposite.

Patient confidentiality rules.

Not linking this in any way to Muzz feeling/being sick. Just a point of interest.

If a player tells the physio he isn't fit the physio is not obliged to inform the manager. Quite the opposite.

Not linking this in any way to Muzz feeling/being sick. Just a point of interest.

So if the manager asks the physio for his assessment of the first team squad players does he then inform the manager or not?

If he does not is he not being negligent in his duties to the club and also his "patient" who could play and aggravate any condition or minor injury he has?

Surely he has a duty of care to the club to protect its assets ie the players.

It was, I believe nothing ot do with concussion but that he had been sick during the week but declared he was fit.

You do not have to be a neurosurgeon to know when you have been puiking and how that his effected you.

Sickness and nausea are classic symptoms of concussion.

Muzz was knocked out during the Celtic game and had 5 minutes of treatment on the pitch, he was then taken to hospital.  It was reported on 5 September that Saints were satisfied he could return to full training and be considered for the Hibs game.  However, it appears from his criticism that Tommy was aware he had been sick later in the week.  I do find it strange that with that sequence of events he was allowed to play on Saturday simply on his own assessment as to how he was feeling.

Considering the physio recently got a lot of credit for work on concussion I can't imagine that is what the illness was related to.

http://www.footballmedic.co.uk/2017/03/07/fma-member-effects-change-scottish-football-association/

My thought, and my original comment, was taking this into account.  Given the good reputation we and our physio have, it would explain why Tommy was so angry, if Murray had concealed the fact he was feeling unwell still.

All speculation, it was just out of character for Tommy

I would have thought that the club doctor would have to apply patient confidentiality standards but not a physio. 

Muzz was knocked out during the Celtic game and had 5 minutes of treatment on the pitch, he was then taken to hospital.  It was reported on 5 September that Saints were satisfied he could return to full training and be considered for the Hibs game.  However, it appears from his criticism that Tommy was aware he had been sick later in the week.  I do find it strange that with that sequence of events he was allowed to play on Saturday simply on his own assessment as to how he was feeling.

I was shocked to see Muzz in the lineup to be honest. I think if there is any concussion we should be following the NFL protocols where a player being cleared to play within a 2 week period is near impossible. I hope Muzz is grounded for another week and lets hope everyone learns from this.

Surprised Abernethy didn't question your medical qualifications.

I would have thought that the club doctor would have to apply patient confidentiality standards but not a physio. 

There's no difference. Doctors have to abide by GMC code of conduct, physios by the HCPC code of conduct. They have pretty much the same requirements in terms of confidentiality.