A Lackluster Murray Davidson

jfk

Incidentally, I read/heard somewhere down here that all footballers and Management in Professional leagues in England are banned from betting on anything football related from this season. Not sure if the same applies oop north but it could be the Ronnie Moore effect.

Been the rule here for a while, Ian black was given a 10 match ban an a 7500 fine for it couple of seasons ago

I have a horrible feeling that he will never recover from all the injurys he had.  The last game he played he looked compleatly spent as a player, unable to run or even kick the ball, it was really quite sad to see.

He failed his medical that is why he never got the move south he hoped for, your right, we got him back because he was almost spent as a player.

He will end up playing lower league football for peanuts by his standard as nobody can afford to pay a player who is permanently injured.

The old catch 22 he cannot get back to his best until he gets long run in the team but the team cannot afford a passenger while he gets to where he was before his injury. I agree the best solution would be to loan him out in this window to a club where he is certain to play every game. These 4 months on loan would decide if he has the physical and mental ability to play in the top flight again. Hope he does.

Edited by Inchcolm

The old catch 22 he cannot get back to his best until he gets long run in the team but the team cannot afford a passenger while he gets to where he was before his injury. I agree the best solution would be to loan him out in this window to a club where he is certain to play every game. These 4 months on loan would decide if he has the physical and mental ability to play in the top flight again. Hope he does.

i totaly agree with you inchcolm

As I've been saying for years Murray Davidson has never been the player most thought he was.

His attitude was fantastic and his presence in the middle at times made a huge difference- but he has never improved the basics of playing into central midfield.

His passing is average, his first touch is poor, positioning can be questionable and my main criticism would be the fact he regularly left fellow players high and dry by not moving into space for the ball. Playing alongside Millar, Morris and Craig hid this flaw hugely in his "successful spell". In his first season in the SPL he seemed to be timing his runs perfectly into the box in attack- that has rarely happened since.

I know of a scout that watched Davidson early on for a bigger club and decided quite quickly he would suffer too many injuries with his style of play and that he didn't have the basics skills at a level required for a step up. Think it's hard to say he hasn't been proven wrong.

I don't wish anyone to be unemployed, but if there is no impact in the team before the end of the season then it's time to part ways.

does anyone know why he is out of caley game says on bbc sport website that davidson and chris millar out i hope everyone gets behind him when he returns everyone has there demons and the lad has done well for us in the past and will come good again

Muzz is injured but likely to return on Friday to the squad.

Fair play to him, I was one of his worst critics this season. On Friday he looked back to his tenacious self, I had worried a lot that mentally he wasn't prepared to throw himself into tackles and 50/50 balls anymore, yet he seemed to relish them more and more as the game went on. Hopefully he has some luck and avoids an injuries for a long, long time now. 

I'm sorry for doubting you Muzz  :cry:

talk-to-the-hxx417.jpg