Chris "midgey" Millar - An Appreciation

Dave Ferg

He just doesn't look fit from what I've seen this season. He may not be injured, but he can't last a full hour let alone 90 minutes from what's on showing in Europe and friendlies. We can't afford to accommodate that in a starting 11. Yes he's been a great servant, but I'd much rather start a slightly less able player who you know won't require substitution or is a constant injury risk than Millar. He's still got something to give, but he needs to prove he's capable first, nobody knows what he's like in training right now, so we can't really know the full story. 

I think if a 10 year veteran and club legend isn't even being selected for a match day squad the fans at least deserve to know why. It would stop all these silly rumours. The club are only getting away with it because we're winning. As soon as things turn sour, or Murray picks up an injury there will be a lot more questions asked.

Club announced that the only injury doubt was Alston yet best midfielder not in squad.

Tommy interview by Ross & other staff members over the last month & no one has asked if Midge is injured.

Fans help keep the club alive. Surely they are entitled to information on a player they have supported for nearly 10 years.

Club announced that the only injury doubt was Alston yet best midfielder not in squad.

Tommy interview by Ross & other staff members over the last month & no one has asked if Midge is injured.

Fans help keep the club alive. Surely they are entitled to information on a player they have supported for nearly 10 years.

Agree with you.

I agree with the general point that the club don't have to explain members of office staff etc leaving, or to say who we're looking at transfer wise, until we actually sign them.

But a first team player not being involved for reasons other than injury could maybe be explained.