Nice Wee Letter From Tommy

THE LARK SAINT

Any one else get these, and what do you think?I think its a braw idea

Good morning Gavin,

“We're conceding too many goals 

s.gif

w320_3904796_oct13sm3.jpg
Saturday’s game was certainly an enjoyable one for the neutral and, as it turned out, for Danny Lennon and his team. 

I’m disappointed that after a poor start when we kept giving the ball away, that we didn’t get any reward for putting a lot into the game,  playing some nice football, creating chances and  showing  great spirit to come back three times.

I have said over the weekend that the game was very open and that is something that we may have to look at because although we are the third highest goal scorers in the league this season we have conceded too many.

We can analyse decisions by officials but the only things we can influence are what we do and at times on Saturday we didn’t defend well enough.

To score three goals away from home and lose is a body blow for the players and to lose Frazer for a game leaves us with only four defenders on the books.  Hopefully, we will be able to add Sanel Jahic this week.

On the injury front, you will know that Steven MacLean was stretchered off and I can advise that the good news this morning is that the consultant has reported no damage to his cruciate and at this stage we just have to let the knee settle and then give him rehab.  Steven’s absence will be weeks in length rather than what we first feared - a season-ending injury but it is still clearly a big blow for the player and the club.

I’d like to say well done to the Under 20s for their win over Stirling Albion in the SFA Youth Cup yesterday.  Chris Kane scored a hat-trick and the 3-0 success sees them safely through to the next round.

I look forward to seeing you at the Motherwell game this Sunday (4.05pm kick off) and of course we have a massive League Cup quarter final to look forward to on Wednesday week.

s.gif

Tommy Wright

Any one else get these, and what do you think?I think its a braw idea

Good morning Gavin,

“We're conceding too many goals 

s.gif

w320_3904796_oct13sm3.jpg

Saturday’s game was certainly an enjoyable one for the neutral and, as it turned out, for Danny Lennon and his team. 

I’m disappointed that after a poor start when we kept giving the ball away, that we didn’t get any reward for putting a lot into the game,  playing some nice football, creating chances and  showing  great spirit to come back three times.

I have said over the weekend that the game was very open and that is something that we may have to look at because although we are the third highest goal scorers in the league this season we have conceded too many.

We can analyse decisions by officials but the only things we can influence are what we do and at times on Saturday we didn’t defend well enough.

To score three goals away from home and lose is a body blow for the players and to lose Frazer for a game leaves us with only four defenders on the books.  Hopefully, we will be able to add Sanel Jahic this week.

On the injury front, you will know that Steven MacLean was stretchered off and I can advise that the good news this morning is that the consultant has reported no damage to his cruciate and at this stage we just have to let the knee settle and then give him rehab.  Steven’s absence will be weeks in length rather than what we first feared - a season-ending injury but it is still clearly a big blow for the player and the club.

I’d like to say well done to the Under 20s for their win over Stirling Albion in the SFA Youth Cup yesterday.  Chris Kane scored a hat-trick and the 3-0 success sees them safely through to the next round.

I look forward to seeing you at the Motherwell game this Sunday (4.05pm kick off) and of course we have a massive League Cup quarter final to look forward to on Wednesday week.

s.gif

Tommy Wright

No not yet who's getting one? Are all the season ticket holders getting one?