For those that do not care for Facebook.....

Calling all Edinburgh Saintees... Brilliant news, It has been announced that we will be playing our Semi-Final against Aberdeen on the Saturday 3pm, 1st February at Tynecastle. A semi-final on our patch is better than we could have hoped for and I am already speaking with Ben at the Polwarth Tav about organising something a little special for the day. Suggestions are very welcome as to what we can do however, already there are ideas for former Saints player to serve behind the bar if possible (Some of you have connections that could maybe be asked) and of course we will have our Edinburgh Saints flag on display proudly inside or outside the pub. As many ideas as possible would be great as Ben has said they are willing to do anything within reason.

Local prices will be on offer. Can't ask much more than that.

Fair point, meant something really cheap/promotion type thing, although know now with the new drinks laws may no be possible, but £2.25 etc a pint would pack it out, since they are able to offer local prices in the first place, take it they can go down to whatever they want to, I know its your local etc and your loyal to them, but just feel they shouldn't take it as a given that the saints support will always go there and a decent reduction would be a nice touch to show their appreciation for the extra business given to them on matchdays over the last few years.

Probably wrong day for this anyway - cheap drink, as it will be busy regardless, but would be good :razz:

Anyway you bring the sheepdog with you or are you dressing up as the shepherdess!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right folks, as a large number will likely be heading to the Polwarth Tav anyway I have held off with posting this up until this week as a number of things were yet to be finalised.

We will be hanging up the Edinburgh Saints flag in the bar, likely to be on the wall above the pool table or possibly somewhere more visible, though this will be decided in the morning when we set up. Some blue and white décor will be up for the rest of the bar so should look quite good on arrival. This also sends out a pretty clear message that this is a Saints fans bar so I doubt very much that there will be any Aberdeen fans wanting to hang around, not that I imagine it would be an issue if they did anyway. We will also be removing the middle tables and chairs as well as the stools at the bar as these tend to get in the way when very busy. Alan and Ben are also being kind enough to put on some free grub, likely to be some hot pies. These are of course on first come first serve basis.

I have also been speaking with Paul at McDiarmid, he has been kind enough to send us a signed Saints shirt to be raffled before the game. The plan is to give everyone that purchases their first pint of Tennent’s a raffle ticket and we will draw the winner around 2pm before people start to make their way to Tynecastle. The winner of the shirt can of course leave it safely behind the bar until after them game if they so please.

As many of you already know the pub fills up pretty quickly when Saints are in town so I will advise those that wish to attend to come along as soon as you can as there is a high likelihood that people may have to be turned away the closer we get to kick-off.

Fingers crossed we can return after the game for a few celebratory drinks rather than having to drowning our sorrows.

COYS