Brechin Or Forfar Away, Scottish Cup 8/9Th Feb. Bus?

bigstu

Yes, it's the British Legion we are booked into. They asked if we wanted some catering to be put on cause there is going to be another bus load in there who have already organised some  grub. It would be something like bacon rolls or mini bridies. Would most people want something like that put on?

Yeah don't see why not

Yes, it's the British Legion we are booked into. They asked if we wanted some catering to be put on cause there is going to be another bus load in there who have already organised some  grub. It would be something like bacon rolls or mini bridies. Would most people want something like that put on?

Sounds good

Would it e worth while asking for a smaller bus, at a smaller rate? May still be £20 a head, but that's better than paying an extra fiver so you can have 2 seats each.

I know it's late in the day, but would it be worthwhile asking barossa st or any other bus if they want collected from us, perhaps reducing there cost, and ours with all profit (if any) made goes to saints youth development?

Also, for future buses, it may be best to get a £5/£10 deposit from each person, which would probably stop a lot of people calling off, or if they do the bus goers dont have to suffer as much.

Lets hire a feckin transit, the way its going by the time Saturday comes maybe just need a Ford Fiesta!!

but agree with Livi can they no change it to a smaller seater bus, as if no I want one oh they lazy boys seats, reclining and all that, with a free drinks trolley for my £25 quid

if no, could even play a few games of hide and seek on the bus on the way up,so probably are geting our money's worth

Chin up Big S, it will still be a crackin day out!!

Tried already to ask for a smaller bus. They don't have any. And £400 for the day for a bus that size (or any size) is a cracking price.

Got another for Kinross, so that saves us another 50p each. :).

Does anyone else want to try contacting places in Perth to see if they need any more seats?

Stu

Would it e worth while asking for a smaller bus, at a smaller rate? May still be £20 a head, but that's better than paying an extra fiver so you can have 2 seats each.

I know it's late in the day, but would it be worthwhile asking barossa st or any other bus if they want collected from us, perhaps reducing there cost, and ours with all profit (if any) made goes to saints youth development?

Also, for future buses, it may be best to get a £5/£10 deposit from each person, which would probably stop a lot of people calling off, or if they do the bus goers dont have to suffer as much.

Definitely agree with trying to get a deposit from people for future buses. It's a total bugger when the people keep dropping out and the price keeps going up and up. If I'd known it was going to be £25 at the start, I'd just have driven up, as it would be cheaper.

I wouldn't even consider dropping out once I'd said I was going though, as it just gives everyone else financial grief (unless I had a good excuse, like Marc for example).  

Agree with all that people have said. Is really a pain, especially for people to bail the week (or day) before the game when the bus is already booked and confirmed.

Next time we will have a deposit which is non refundable. The club are promoting the bus on twitter and Facebook, £7 return from Perth to be in line with the other busses. I suppose that anyone who takes a seat helps us all out a lot. Fingers crossed.

We are also doing a Kinross pickup.

10:10am leave Melville street

11:15 broxden

Edited by bigstu

Have to agree that's a pretty good idea regarding the deposit in future. As you say people are far less likely to call off if they have already contributed some funds. It also makes it slightly easier on the bank account on the day as well.

I quite liked the idea of keeping some money if we have a full bus. Ie on the Minsk game we were only 7/8 each, but people had agreed at £12 each. That £160 could have been kept as a float for situations like this.

Hey. We live and learn. Remember the flag andy. :)

I quite liked the idea of keeping some money if we have a full bus. Ie on the Minsk game we were only 7/8 each, but people had agreed at £12 each. That £160 could have been kept as a float for situations like this.

Hey. We live and learn. Remember the flag andy. :)

Yup, picked it up from the Poly last night.

Well done for organising the bus. Poor show by the peeps who pulled out at the last minute. The BIG exception of course is to the guy (Kilgour I believe) who's wife came along and paid the fare even although his health situation meant he couldn't come. I hope that, if there is another bus trip, we can can try to set a price so he can travel for free.

As for the Forfar British Legion, I thought they were fantastic hosts and I will be writing to them to thank them for allowing us to use their premises. It was pure luck on my part to get us in there. I just googled "Clubs in Forfar" and they came up first.