Season Over For Muzz

glenrothes saintee

It'd be a big surprise if anyone else took a punt on him considering his last 2-3 seasons of injury woes. It's easy to forget how good a player he is.

It sounds like Saints are offering a short term contract (until January I would expect?) - seems strange to me. If he comes back fit and strong he can leave in January for nought then. Unlike others we have offered short term deals to, Muzz is obvious class and should be playing at a higher level.

I can't see it being until January to be honest. As you say, we'd be mental to do that. If he gets back fit for pre-season, he could be fit for the start of the European campaign and would have the pick of clubs in January.

I will obviously be delighted if he stays at Saints forever, but can't help feel a bit sorry for him over the last couple of years. He really deserved his move last summer IMO.

ha ha no, he will be like a new £1m+ signing for us though for the start of the season and hopefully he decides to stay in whats gonna be a really strong team with a top notch feel good factor.

we're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league

"BELIEVE"

The negative for Muzz (which could be seen as a positive for us) is that other teams might not be as prepared to sign him due to his injury history

The negative for Muzz (which could be seen as a positive for us) is that other teams might not be as prepared to sign him due to his injury history

I did feel a pang of sympathy for him at the POTY awards.....for someone so influential in midfield it must have murder watching from the sidelines?!

Mind you at least there was a reason for him! You do have to wonder what went through Liam Craig's mind at our final whistle!?⚽️

Muzz had been my favourite player up until his injury. Really hope he plays a big part next season. Pretty similar style to Dunne but Muzz is easily the better footballer.

Saturday must have been mixed emotions for him. Never spotted him on the pitch after the game . Understandable!

I think he was on the pitch.

I could be wrong but I think he was there.

Muzz had been my favourite player up until his injury. Really hope he plays a big part next season. Pretty similar style to Dunne but Muzz is easily the better footballer.

Saturday must have been mixed emotions for him. Never spotted him on the pitch after the game . Understandable!

He was on the pitch but he has the same hairdresser as Stevue May I think and you probably did not recognise him.

If I recall correctly it wasnt a tackle that caused the problem but the way he came down with a straight leg after jumping for a ball, typical that after all the hard tackles he puts in he gets injured from landing from a header.

Think he actually said he felt it whilst jumping up and it was fecked before he landed, either way there was no contact from anyone else. Seems to be the way Saints players get injured. Not sure if that is the reason for the removal of the grass close season.

• 4 weeks later...

Not looking too good. Contract out at end of August so hopefully TW pulls out all the stops to get Dunne signed.

do you think saints will offer muzz another short term contract when his contract expires in aug or will he be released

i agree with trying to get dunne signed up especially with muzz s fitness concerns and with us releasing paddy cregg