Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

Was an older lad I noticed today who spent a great deal of time just filming young boys as opposed to actually watching the game and supporting the team. Odd.

Ye should have spent more time actually "Watching the Game" instead of.!  Yours etc Mr Sonny Handycam.! were you using yer Zoom Lens..?

Edited by croc

It's not something to boast about tbh. Embarassing then, embarassing now.

Who's boasting ? It's fact that it happened then ,happening now and will happen in the future . No getting away from it and no amount of moaning is going to stop it . People will get banned , give it a wee while and the next wee bunch of fannies will appear , it's a never ending cycle .

Ain't wishing to appear to be any angel or do-gooder, but I appear to have missed out on the "Action" when I was young.

Went to Muirton Park in my youth to watch the game.

I suppose it's the way people are brought up and the ability to realise what's right and what's wrong.

Not rocket science is it?

Surprised me how many older boys were getting involved with the young crew, I can only think that they are trying to re-live their youth, Mid life crisis.

I think from what I heard at the lmatch the polis were there due to the earlier problems at the bar. Inspector was thanking a group of older guys for helping to sort things out in the bar before they arrived.

Policeman was going to dispose of my son's bag containing a banana and a yoghurt!

I thought to myself that he surely was joking, but it seemed as though he was serious. Said it could be thrown.

Last I checked, it was sealed containers and those capable of holding liquid.

Never had that anywhere else, so if they were like that with us, I can imagine the attitude to those who attracted their attention. :laugh:

It's not something to boast about tbh. Embarassing then, embarassing now.

Spot on HSF. When I was a kid, I used to see this stuff go on, and it scared the shit out if me then. Now I see it scaring the shit out of my son, who just wants to follow his beloved team. If these morons think that's funny and clever, then there's nothing me or any other person can say to change their attitude. Feel sorry for them to be honest.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Policeman was going to dispose of my son's bag containing a banana and a yoghurt!

I thought to myself that he surely was joking, but it seemed as though he was serious. Said it could be thrown.

Never had that anywhere else, so if they were like that with us, I can imagine the attitude to those who attracted their attention. :laugh:

I cant imagine what would happen if they tried to take his pizza away at Easter Road. Full scale riot :P

This shit happened 25 years ago and will happen 25 years from now . Old/sensible/do gooder types will moan like you all are now . It's the cycle of life , shit happens , boys will be boys .

When i was young at the football Saints fans fought with the police , spraypainted opposing teams plastic pitch , threw fireworks at opposing fans , put people through shop windows for ****s sake !

Only difference now is every man and his dog sees it on the internet and gets to put his/her view on forums like this.

If I was moderator of this site, I'd ban you for that post. What an awful input. Act your age.

Have you ever thought about the damage a  "Banana  Chocolate Corner" could do if recklessly launched.! get real Andrew.!

I witnessed the OP throwing projectiles at other members of the crowd so this is just a smokescreen to detract from his own thuggish behavior IMO.

First I would say that I am a bit tired about being embarrassed by other saints fans at games. I didn't think today was one of those occasions (at the game anyway, wasn't in the pub). Although I'd rather they didn't set off smokebombs when we could get fined for it.

Not to open a can of worms, but are smoke bombs / flares genuinely dangerous?

its the truth.its what happens .its the cycle.

get off yer fecking hobby horse dude

I've recently become a bit concerned that you're beginning to use more than one word in your posts. Just stick with 'braw', please, as that was probably the most insightful and intelligible you have ever been (and will ever be).

up the hobby horse

I've recently become a bit concerned that you're beginning to use more than one word in your posts. Just stick with 'braw', please, as that was probably the most insightful and intelligible you have ever been (and will ever be).

braw its ma hobby horse ha ha .i ken what yours is dude.get a feckin life

Not to open a can of worms, but are smoke bombs / flares genuinely dangerous?

I vaguely remember it being in the news when this started coming into the game this season that someone in England was killed by a flare (or something like it).

...Just googled it....it was Wales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711