Maicon Killed In Car Accident

Edstar101

Shame on you for that post. That poor laddies family will never see him again.

How?

I didn't say it wasn't tragic, but that any given car crash fatality in scotland or anywhere else is equally as tragic, but you don't see people making posts about them.

I could understand the differentiation if it was a footballer that will affect people's enjoyment of the sport, but he didn't even play for Shaktar.

Again, to clarify, tragic indeed, but no more tragic than thousands of others which nobody posts about in here. The only difference being this guy was a footballer (that nobody posting had heard of till he died)

I guess we will just agree to disagree.

You can continue to try and place some kind of value on meaningless RIP posts on a meaningless forum about someone people had never heard of (not a crime in itself), but that they only consider remotely important because he played football.

I'll continue to find it pathetic and considerably insulting that the fact he kicked a ball around differentiated him in any way from any other death on the planet that goes unmentioned. Should I keep up the modern-day football cliches and say that your posts were a "Classy touch"? Folk these days can't stop fawning over each other to out-remember each other and it is nothing more than for show.

RE the "poor laddies family", I never said it wasn't tragic, and it goes without saying that was I actually speaking to them I would take a different tone, as would be mandated by common sense, but see my "meaningless forum"  argument above.

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

There is categorically nothing offensive about suggesting other deaths around the world are equally as tragic as this guys. As in literally nothing, not one single thing.

The offensiveness started when someone called me shameful and implied I was somehow insulting the boys family.

I can see you point about staying out of it, but the offensiveness in no way began with me. I find posting tributes to footballers you have never heard of but ignoring deaths of local teenagers in car crashes far more offensive.

What's this nonsense about "footballers you have never heard of"? Maicon was one of the best attacking RBs of his generation. He was a first pick for Inter Milan for many years and made over 50 appearances for Brasil. He didn't do that well at Man City, granted, but even during his short time there I expect a large number of UK footie fans watched him play and know who he is. Maybe you haven't heard of him, but I certainly have.

Take your head out of your rear end, and when you do try to look elsewhere than at yourself in the mirror, and you might learn a thing or two about life -  including how to show respect towards unfortunate people who have lost their lives before their time.

What's this nonsense about "footballers you have never heard of"? Maicon was one of the best attacking RBs of his generation. He was a first pick for Inter Milan for many years and made over 50 appearances for Brasil. He didn't do that well at Man City, granted, but even during his short time there I expect a large number of UK footie fans watched him play and know who he is. Maybe you haven't heard of him, but I certainly have.

That Maicon is alive and well and still playing for Roma.

Do you want your spade back?

The dead Maicon played lower league football in Ukraine, and 6 times for Shaktar 2 years ago. What differntiates that Maicon, from any other death? especially ones closer to home.

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Ah well easy mistake, both Brasilian, both very talented :sad:

My point about disrespect still stands.

My point about not actually disrespecting anybody still stands, given that I agreed the death was tragic but questioned why it matters to some people given deaths of local, probably St. Johnstone supporting, teenagers don't.